• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Okay guys and gals. I'm new to the site so hang in with me here. Probably wrong section I posted in as well but damn it I'm at work and I don't have time to search and be exactly where I need to be so sorry in advance.

My question!

So its obvious I'm a fan of Android but as some of you may heard Trance Around The World ... I try to get on and play some music but it won't let me. I'm very new to Android itself I was tired of APPLE BS! How can I still play the player on trandaroundtheworld.com ? I tried downloading itunes lol. I'm a newbie for sure when it comes to all this but its killing me that I switched over and I can't use the music. SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW what I'm talking about! :thinking:

Let me know if I need to explain better! Thank you for reading and helping in advance!

CLIFF NOTES:
I switched to Apple products to Android couple weeks ago.
I listen to trancearoundtheworld.com ( just trance/house music I stream online)
Since I don't have itunes idk how to use the music on android.
How can I go about this problem?

Also I use the samsung vibrant !!

Reactions: Mostly Harmless
I just tried that site out, mind you I am not familiar with that site, but it did seem to work for me. If the site uses flash then you are going to be out of luck until Froyo 2.2 comes out for the Galaxy S (which should be only a few months away).

I am giving you a thanks for including Cliff Notes on your first post and for some reason I find it very amusing.

Reactions: MOOREOFSTEPHEN
Upvote 0
Hey man, really thanks a million! I guess I'm out of luck! bummer! I was not sure what was going on . I use the samsung vibrant btw I picked it up the day it came out. I'm a fan of it so far and LOVE the heck out of it.

I'll keep that in mind about Foyo 2.2! I was actually doing a random search in the app store for flash player just to see if that helped or if that even existed in the app market!

I don't know how it works on the site but to stream music live on the trancearoundtheworld.com it seems to want to make you go through itunes OR if you just click on a play list a box will pop open like its about to load and then a tiny little x shows and thats the end of it.

well thanks for the kind words Harmless!

Upvote 0
I went to the site and when I clicked play, a box popped up and I heard music, so I assume it does work. Flash is only available on android 2.2, but you should be getting that update in a few months. Once you do get 2.2 you will have to go into the market and download flash. It's there you just don't see it because you are running 2.1. Welcome to android! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Reactions: MOOREOFSTEPHEN
Upvote 0
I love Trance Around the Word. :) Awesome podcast.

Anyway, what I do, is use the Listen podcast app. I add the TATW podcast XML, and then it shows each episode as ready for download.

TATW XML:
Above & Beyond: Trance Around The World (copy the URL)

Bah, I obviously suck. I tried what you told me and no luck. This is beginning to frustrate me lol.

Although I feel like I'm going no where with this... I'll re read what you told me several times and try to figure this out. I'm not exactly technically challenged ... but maybe I am. Ugh!

Upvote 0
I downloaded a browser called Skyfire and apparently it plays (flash) ...

well, I went to Trance Around The World with Above & Beyond playlists and archives and tried to play some of the music and STILL NOTHING.

This really sucks a big one!

Demache, I tried what you said and it couldn't figure it out. I'm almost sure I'm making this to hard on myself. I really am new to all this Andriod stuff and mobile web surfing.

Sadly all I want is to just use my phone as a phone and listen to trance and nothing more. HAHA!

Ugh, thanks for reading and understanding I'm a nerd with out the nerd skills. :S

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'm not sure if you've a found a solution to this yet and but guess I might have just found the perfect solution to listen to the Trance Around the World Podcast on my brand new Sony Ericsson Xperia 10...Here's what I did:

1. Download the free doubleTwist app from the Droid Market for your phone. Also,
download the doubleTwist software for your pc from thier website
www.doubletwist.com.

2. Open the doubleTwist software on your computer and connect your android
phone to the software.Once connected, it should show under the devices.

3. Open Itunes on your computer and make sure you have downloaded all the
podcasts or any other songs you would like to transfer to your android phone .

4. Now go back to doubleTwist and click on Library-> Import Itunes Playlists to
import all your Itunes podcasts and songs to doubleTwist.

5. Once all your podcasts are imported in doubleTwist, simply drag and drop the
podcasts or songs you would like transferred to your android phone (Under
Devices)

6. Enjoy Trance Around the World on your Android!!!

Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones