• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Phone 7 Theme

I'd do the test in a hearbeat if I could find a screenshot tool that doesn't require root - I'm still on the fence about rooting at this point.

I looked at some screenshots from the bionic and was able to determine the notification bar is 37 pixels tall FWIW.

Here's a paid app that is supposed to do screenshots without rooting:

No Root Screenshot

I also have the following linked in Page-1/Post-1:

How to take screenshots of your Android based phone from Windows

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Here's a paid app that is supposed to do screenshots without rooting:

No Root Screenshot

I also have the following linked in Page-1/Post-1:

How to take screenshots of your Android based phone from Windows

Hope this helps!

Woot, the trial version works on the Bionic: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.edwardkim.android.screenshotitfree&feature=search_result

OK, to make the most of my 5 shot trial, what scenarios should I capture? I was thinking about something like this, but I'm open to input.
1) Screenshot w/ GO Launcher
2) Screenshot w/ Launcher Pro
3) Screenshot w/ Launcher Pro w/ no dockbar
4) Screenshot w/ ADW Launcher

also, was planning to do all these with home screen set to 5 rows x 4 columns and notification bar hidden.

Upvote 0
Woot, the trial version works on the Bionic: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.edwardkim.android.screenshotitfree&feature=search_result

OK, to make the most of my 5 shot trial, what scenarios should I capture? I was thinking about something like this, but I'm open to input.
1) Screenshot w/ GO Launcher
2) Screenshot w/ Launcher Pro
3) Screenshot w/ Launcher Pro w/ no dockbar
4) Screenshot w/ ADW Launcher

also, was planning to do all these with home screen set to 5 rows x 4 columns and notification bar hidden.

Well, I can't give an opinion on GoLauncher. Don't like it, don't use it (as far as I know, it doesn't have any Auto-Fit or Widget Stretch options to make this theme work).

Both LauncherPro and ADW Launcher with and without dock or notification bar would be fine. Both launchers usually come out with the same dimensions, so you may only have to do just the one. I don't remember being able to turn off the dock in LauncherPro, which is why I use ADW Launcher EX currently.

I would personally say start with ADW Launcher and then go from there.

Upvote 0
With the help of cryptiq we now have widget dimensions for the 960x540 resolution (Droid Bionic, etc.).

Dimensions are based on a 4-column by 6-row layout with the notification bar and the dock turned off (ADW Launcher).

Widths:
1- 125px
2- 260px
3- 395px
4- 530px

Heights:
1- 150px
2- 310px
3- 470px
4- 630px
5- 790px
6- 950px

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
With the help of cryptiq we now have widget dimensions for the 960x540 resolution (Droid Bionic, etc.).

Dimensions are based on a 4-column by 6-row layout with the notification bar and the dock turned off (ADW Launcher).

Widths:
1- 125px
2- 260px
3- 395px
4- 530px

Heights:
1- 150px
2- 310px
3- 470px
4- 630px
5- 790px
6- 950px

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all your work. :)

I use LauncherPro plus and I like to have the dock and notification bar on, do you know how much difference that will that make?

Upvote 0
just thought i'd pop in to this thread again and post my screens as i've got to a point where im reasonably happy with them! i have included some icons that i created myself for anyone else who'd like to use them!

massive thanks again to paulmz!

sc20110915195614.png

sc20110915195620.png

sc20110915195626.png

sc20110915195631.png

sc20110915195635.png

sc20110915195639.png

browser2x2.png
kiesair2x2.png
shazam12x2.png

golf11x2.png
golf21x2.png
golf21x2.png
iplayer21x2.png
playstation1x2.png

3dspeed.png
soundcloud2x1.png

vouchercloud2x1.png
angryseasons2x1.png

barcode2x1.png
romkitchen2x1.png
allshare2x1.png
flashlight22x1.png
astrofile2x1.png
heavens3x1.png

ps13x1.png

weather21x3.png

Reactions: paulmz
Upvote 0
1Mcs0Ptu6bWvKm-g6QrCGm1SRGv10RfaFDpg5miBgWc
Same thing if that makes it easy. :) 4 columns, 6 rows....

....I'm not picky. :p
First of all, my apologies for not responding sooner, for some reason I'm not getting email notifications all the time for updates to this thread....and also I burned about an hour trying to figure out how to embed images into the post - i even tried to find a how-to guide but came up empty. If anyone can direct me to the instructions i'd be much obliged.

Anyway, here are a few screen shots.

4x5 (wasn't sure if the 4x6 would be too compressed if you're keeping the dock and notification bars so i went ahead with the 4x5 as well)

4x6

my home screen

Edit: Holy cow I finally figured it out...or a work around anyway. I was trying to use the embed image link from picasa and for some reason it wouldn't work - I was trying to make the image clickable so you can click on the thumbnail and then you'd be redirected to the fullsize image and for some reason that wasn't working. So I had to make it a 2 step process. Step 1) Click on link image. Use the URL from picasa (using the option for no link in picasa). Step 2) click on the embedded image and then click on link url, then copy and paste the direct picasa link. There's gotta be a better way, without having to use imageshack anyway :)

Upvote 0
First of all, my apologies for not responding sooner, for some reason I'm not getting email notifications all the time for updates to this thread....and also I burned about an hour trying to figure out how to embed images into the post - i even tried to find a how-to guide but came up empty. If anyone can direct me to the instructions i'd be much obliged.

Anyway, here are a few screen shots...

I'll take a look at the screenshots in a little while, but here is how I post images in the forum:

1. Upload the images to a photo sharing server (I use ImageShack).

2. There is a menu on the right-hand side of the screen with an option that says: "Embed this image".

3. Click "Embed this image", click and copy the "Forum" link, and then paste that link in the forum post.

4. Done!

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
1Mcs0Ptu6bWvKm-g6QrCGm1SRGv10RfaFDpg5miBgWc

4x5 (wasn't sure if the 4x6 would be too compressed if you're keeping the dock and notification bars so i went ahead with the 4x5 as well)

4x6

my home screen

Edit: Holy cow I finally figured it out...or a work around anyway. I was trying to use the embed image link from picasa and for some reason it wouldn't work - I was trying to make the image clickable so you can click on the thumbnail and then you'd be redirected to the fullsize image and for some reason that wasn't working. So I had to make it a 2 step process. Step 1) Click on link image. Use the URL from picasa (using the option for no link in picasa). Step 2) click on the embedded image and then click on link url, then copy and paste the direct picasa link. There's gotta be a better way, without having to use imageshack anyway :)

First off; no need to apologize, thanks for doing it. :)

Second, you are probably right things being too compressed so I'll probably go with 4x5.

Upvote 0

After closer examination of the screenshot, two things need to be done:

1. Make sure your "Auto-Fit" or "Auto Stretch" setting is active in the launcher. The spaces between widgets are not correct (10px horizontal vs. 30px vertical).

2. Please use a blank wallpaper with no pattern for the screenshot. It's easier to see the edges of the lines.

Post a new screenshot when done.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Okay... here we go!

Widths:
1- 125px
2- 260px
3- 395px
4- 530px

Heights:
1- 157px
2- 324px
3- 491px
4- 658px
5- 825px

These dimensions should work for ADW Launcher or LaucherPro with a homescreen layout of:
4-columns by 5-rows and the notification bar and dock ON.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Android Phone 7 for Launcher Pro and Desktop Visualizer is the graphical offer from XDA member newone757, who put a lot of work on this nice and original HDPI theme. As this caused great expectation among Android members, andyriot ported the same work to MDPI to fit smaller device screens.

Okay... thanks for the info. But, what's your point?

We have expanded way beyond the original idea with information for several different device resolutions.

I also have a link and reference to newone in my Post-1/Page-1 if this thread.

Upvote 0
what are the picture dimension for devices having screen resolution of 320*240

There are no dimensions available yet for that low resolution.

Please feel free to do THE TEST and post your full-sized screenshot. Then we can figure it out.

If you could, please provide screenshots of the test with a few homescreen options like: notification bar on and off, dock hidden, and try to use a 4-column/5-row or 4-column/6-row layout.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
This baffled me for a minute... Then I realized that the answer is right on the screen...

See the top-left widget? It says:

HS Image Cut
by TeamHeavyStone
50,000 downloads, 161 ratings (4.1 avg)
Free
rating8.png

That looks like the ticket!

Hope this helps.

thanks you mate. I know I can use HS Image cut to cut the picture, but how can i make transparent tiles?

Upvote 0
thanks you mate. I know I can use HS Image cut to cut the picture, but how can i make transparent tiles?

Considering the difference between the background and the widgets, I don't think that the widgets are transparent. I think they are full-opacity cuts of the lower opacity background image. But another way of doing it may be to just make images that are simply a light gray transparent background and place them using Desktop Visualizer over an existing background wallpaper. The only problem with doing it this way is that it will just "dull" the image where the widgets are located. The colors won't be as vibrant as shown in the example.

Although you should just Google to learn how to make "transparent icons", I will tell you that you need image editing software (Photoshop, GIMP, etc) to make something as simple as a plain transparent PNG.

Upvote 0
@ Billsky -

Hey Paul - Let me see if I can help out here. The easiest way I can think to do that effect (if HS Image Cut indeed wont) is to make a white semi-transparent overlay, with the "tiles" cut out, and paste that on top of any given wallpaper. Then you can add fully transparent text icons/widgets over that, right?

Here's a 480x800 semi transparent tile look overlay with the same cutouts as the example you posted that should give you the look you wanted - just paste it on your wallpaper: https://picasaweb.google.com Tile effect overlay - Semi-transparent

Here's an example of it on a wallpaper...
Tile_look_overlay_3.jpg

Hope I've got this right and that it helps.

Reactions: paulmz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones