• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Yup, not a chance of it releasing with Q: there's still one more beta to go before the final release of that, so at least a month before even the Pixels get it. So there's no way the Note 10 will be on sale in a fortnight running Q.

The Note 9 was released with 8, and only got 9 this year. It will be the same story here. I expect the S11 to be released with Q though.

Upvote 0
The beta. Surprisingly very stable. I had an issue with Google Pay, but that was it. I'm using the gesture UI which seems like the biggest change. Not sure how that will translate to a Samsung phone though.

Interesting to see how long it takes to get Q. I too forgot about the timeline of Q. I keep meaning to try the beta on my 3, but at this point we can't be far off right? I;d liek to see the Note 10 get it pretty fast, you'd think they too could be testing with the beta in preparation.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Interesting to see how long it takes to get Q. I too forgot about the timeline of Q. I keep meaning to try the beta on my 3, but at this point we can't be far off right? I;d liek to see the Note 10 get it pretty fast, you'd think they too could be testing with the beta in preparation.
I don't know how it works with Android betas and OEMs, but I would assumehope that elgooG would put it in their hands early so kinks could be worked out and flagships could be released with it, but what do I know.

Upvote 0
There was one year when an OEM phone was released with the new Android version before any Google phone (one of the LG V's came out with it a few weeks before that year's Nexus). But in general while I'm sure they do get an early view of the new Android version, it takes most OEMs months to actually release an update based on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones