• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android software to be fastest growing OS

This is shaping up to be a huge battle. Google does have momentum going with the Android OS, but the iPhone 4th generation device and new OS with higher resolution is coming up.

This is going to be a Apple vs Google battle for the foreseeable future. I just don't see Palm, Windows Mobile, or Blackberry really being able to compete for the top dog spot.

Upvote 0
This is shaping up to be a huge battle. Google does have momentum going with the Android OS, but the iPhone 4th generation device and new OS with higher resolution is coming up.

This is going to be a Apple vs Google battle for the foreseeable future. I just don't see Palm, Windows Mobile, or Blackberry really being able to compete for the top dog spot.

iphone will never get in the top 3 because they are talking about the OS and only the iphone runs it. Android will have TONS of phones running it on all the carriers around the world as will Windows and Blackberry.

Upvote 0
Why is everybody so obsessed with the iPhone? The goal of android is not to beat Apple. Let's not forget about symbian- they're the market leaders.

I wouldn't say it won't beat Apple, it will simply just surpass it in all capabilities within the next several years. Android is here to provide an interface with unfathomable freedoms.. Thus we are going to see it take on many looks, feels, categories, Physical and Non Physical.

Android = Future Possibility (Endless I'm going to add)
Apple = Current Functionality

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones