• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android System using up a lot of battery

Stannis the Mannis

Rapscallion
Feb 16, 2013
Australia
So my battery has been draining faster than normal the past 2 days or so, and Android System has been using up a lot of the battery, here are screen caps. I'm not sure what's going on, the last app I downloaded was "Klyph Beta" and I uninstalled it but Android System still takes up over 20%. Earlier today when I pulled out the charger, I didn't use the phone for an hour but the battery drained to 95%, normally it wouldn't drain more than 1% with the screen off.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373373537772.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373373537772.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 141
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373373554451.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373373554451.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 131
Just did something really dumb. Battery was dying this afternoon, but before putting it to charge decided to stop power tutor thinking it would give me a log. Happens it didn't. So, I will have to wait to get some info again.
But as I remember, the app on top of the list was facebook, using a little more of 10%. Following was some android kernel, using a little less.
I don't remember if it was the third, but nova launcher was there too. Are launchers battery drainers?
Cpu spy told me my phone was in deep sleep more than 60% of the time, which I think is great. It has a lot of wakes, but I think it is facebook and mail sync.
I think I'm getting this readings because my use of the phone is usually fast. So, my screen doesn't spend a lot of time on, but my apps keep syncing, and that's when I get it, use it, and turn off again.
As my battery is more than enough to get through the day, think I'll stop bothering and just enjoy the phone.

Just remmbered. My phone was on the charge for 25h, with 3h of screen on and 6h of cpu work. Had around 25% battery left.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones