• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tablet with Best Front cam for Video calls

Shubhi15

Lurker
Oct 23, 2013
Hi guys,
I am thinking to buy a new Android Tab. :)
Now, I need such tab which has a really good front camera.

It will be used basically for doing video calls via skype or other apps.:eek:
And it will be used with a PC for calls. Meaning one person using tab to video call while other will be on a PC.

So, I need such tab whose cam is so good that the quality of video is same as a webcam on PC. :(

Recommend me something in around or less than $250. I have to buy it from Amazon. ;)

I checked Nexus 7 and Galaxy Tab 3 specs and they have around 1.3 MP cams. Not sure if good enough for video calls.:thinking: And it will be used only over Wifi.

I'd say you're pretty much out of luck with your price range. I doubt you'd find anything better than 1.3megapixels on a front camera with that money unless you get it second hand.

So, if there is no money barrier then which Tab you suggest?

And generally most tabs are available under 250$ only.. Most popular ones like GS3, Nexus 7, or even Kindle Fire.:thinking:

Upvote 0
The front camera on the original N7 is fine, I use Skype on a regular basis and I've never had any complaints about quality etc.

I imagine, the front cam on on the 2013 N7 will only be an improvement.

Alright, Thank you sir.

I am buying it actually for my gf. So, she doesnt have to do anything with more GB's or latest tech specs.

It will be only used for video calls. So even a 8GB tablet is fine. All I need is nice cam. Ya the 2012 Nexus 7 specs are nice for the price which is 180$ on Amazon. :(

And it says 720p video recording from front cam on Nexus. So, it would be HD?? What do you say? :eek::eek: If its HD type, or even 480p, then its superb.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones