• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android to Android - Transfer Absolutely Everything!?

Sue Anderson

Lurker
Dec 25, 2022
Got myself in a right muddle with my new phone which is a Google Pixel 7 Pro. I thought I had transferred everything from my old Huawei P30 Pro, but it seems I haven't. I've now taken my new phone back to factory to have another go.
Is there any way I can transfer absolutely everything, including ALL apps (and be logged in to everything) or am I asking too much? There's so many suggestions when I Google this that I don't know which way to turn.
Just want to be using my new phone as much as I can like it's the old one.... but better.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.

the p30 pro is running android. EMUI is just Huawei's skin much like OneUI for Samsung that runs on top of the android os.
https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p30_pro-9635.php

there is no utility or anyway possible to backup your phone's entire app data. there are some things that can be moved, but most of the apps you will need to sign in again.

Upvote 0
I don't think you have Android. Don't you have EMUI 9.1 which Huawei has been using since the spat with the US Govt and Google?

Some Huawei devices are now running Harmony OS, which AFAIK isn't Android and has absolutely nothing Google or anything that's banned under US Govt sanctions. But is Android APK compatible with apps as long as they don't use anything Google.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p30_pro-9635.php
Unfortunately there isn't a fully comprehensive Android backup/restore utility that will work with every Android-to-Android device, the Android environment is just too diverse. Your two phones may be running Android as a common base, but you also have a situation where your old Huawei is running an altered, proprietary, and out-of-date version of Android (Huawei's EMUI launcher, and with this model either Android 9 or 10 as its base OS) and your new Pixel running a stock, cleaner, and current version of Android as is (Android default launcher running on top of Android 13). There will be not only a lot of differences between the two as far as the user interface, the aspect you interact with, but also different underlying file system structures, the fundamental reason why transferring your user account data between those two phones might involve more effort on your part.
But check in your Pixel's Settings menu again for its Import data option:
https://support.google.com/pixelpho...-from-your-old-phone-with-a-cable-recommended
Or is that what you already tried using and it didn't work out?
On your Huawei in its Settings menu did you use the Backup/Restore option? It's a default in Android but it's also a little misleading. It relates almost exclusively to just Google apps and services with only a limited effect on third-party data. So it works well for Google apps and Google options and settings, but don't be fooled that it covers your entire user account data. That's still your responsibility.

Upvote 0
So, I ended up following the on screen set up route on my Google Pixel and connected the two phones with the cable and most of everything was transferred. Now to just try and remember all my log ins as I have three different emails

Most email apps are able to handle multiple email accounts so it shouldn't be that much of a problem -- configure your email app with all three and typically it's just a matter of tapping on different icons to switch to displaying that account's messages. Which email app are you using?
Or are you referring to three different Google accounts? That is a more complicated issue.

Upvote 0
Got myself in a right muddle with my new phone which is a Google Pixel 7 Pro. I thought I had transferred everything from my old Huawei P30 Pro, but it seems I haven't. I've now taken my new phone back to factory to have another go.
Is there any way I can transfer absolutely everything, including ALL apps (and be logged in to everything) or am I asking too much? There's so many suggestions when I Google this that I don't know which way to turn.
Just want to be using my new phone as much as I can like it's the old one.... but better.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
You can transfer all the data, but it is impossible to transfer all the apps and be logged in to everything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones