• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android updates on a cheap Chinese Phone (Ulefone Note 9P)

Those updates were meant for my top spec Xiaomi. Someone misread the delivery instructions. :thinking:

Give them back! :mad:

Security updates are not bad, November, but it's on 1 August Play Services, which apparently is down to Google.

I'll turn my back, you return them and we'll say no more :cool: :rolleyes:

:)

Upvote 0
I'm holding my criticism of Xiaomi in case they eventually update in February. Fantastic phone otherwise, but the last few days a lot of Google services and account access were unavailable through mobile data, strangely.

According to a good reviewer (Tech Tablets) they are now churning out too many models to finalise the software correctly on many, and are not releasing fixes. I hope it's a temporary thing. At least Xiaomi branded models have a Samsung equivalent updates promise now.

Also for interest the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 on the new Oneplus 10 Pro and Xiaomi 12 Pro is overheating and dropping like crazy ala the Snapdragon 810 so it may be one to avoid.

I think I could live with my Moto E6+, which I hardly use, as a daily - so an inexpensive Ulephone sounds a good deal.

I was thinking of trying to trade both my Xiaomi models and get a Galaxy A52s 5g.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I'm holding my criticism of Xiaomi in case they eventually update in February. Fantastic phone otherwise, but the last few days a lot of Google services and account access were unavailable through mobile data, strangely.

According to a good reviewer (Tech Tablets) they are now churning out too many models to finalise the software correctly on many, and are not releasing fixes. I hope it's a temporary thing. At least Xiaomi branded models have a Samsung equivalent updates promise now.

Also for interest the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 on the new Oneplus 10 Pro and Xiaomi 12 Pro is overheating and dropping like crazy ala the Snapdragon 810 so it may be one to avoid.

I think I could live with my Moto E6+, which I hardly use, as a daily - so an inexpensive Ulephone sounds a good deal.

I was thinking of trying to trade both my Xiaomi models and get a Galaxy A52s 5g.

Or maybe too many diverse products? Thinking this, while looking at my Xiaomi(Mi branded) digital bathroom scale, that was a gift from the school last year. And in the local village they just opened yet another Xiaomi(Mi)electric scooter store concession.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones