• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android version of Nokia Photos

pjcard

Lurker
Jul 22, 2010
So, after a decade of Nokias - starting with the 3110 - I'm done. It seems for their flagship phones they're moving to Meego, so the apps I've come to rely on will no longer work. Oh well.

Now to the question, the one thing I can get with Nokias but cant seem to find for any other phone is Nokia Photos. All it does is archive pictures and texts/MMSs from my phone onto my PC which can then be browsed and searched in a variety of ways, including on a map and a timeline. So, does this exist for android? Or am I going to have to give it up?

Nokia Europe - Nokia Photos - Overview

I've tried googling, but of course "Nokia Photos" is an unsearchable term.

with droid you can just copy the files to your computer as you would with any usb device, as for seeing a timeline you can look and the files creation date.

Same with Nokia, it's trivial to backup and organise images even without any software. The tricky part is archiving my texts/MMSs, preferably to the same place as the images. I can't find anything to do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones