• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android wont add music

by app do you mean music app on my phone? both the default android player and ubermusic. same results in both. ubermusic even has a scan feature... doesnt do anything though.

i was dragging and dropping the music on the root of my phone in the folder /music.
that has horrible results. now im using windows media player to sync. better results but still, many albums will just not appear correctly. i just put 3 new albums on my phone. 2 did not work, and the 3rd was the merycful fate ep. i re-synced the album. now its on my phone..

this makes no sense to me. ugh

Upvote 0
i dont think any of that matters.

It absolutely does matter. We are trying to help, step one of that is trying to figure out what kind of music you have and where it came from. This will let us rule out the actual music itself is the problem.

now im using windows media player to sync.

Windows Media Player normally converts everything to wma before syncing, this could be a problem as android cant play wma files.

Horrible results as in... no albums appear in music player, etc. anyway, i think i figured it out. unmounting and remounting my sd card on my phone seems to be helping.

You could just have a bad sd card. Try taking it out and putting it directly into a card reader on your computer, then run a scan on it to see if any errors come up.

Reactions: landovr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones