• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
OK so far after a few days I only have one issue.

1 time yesterday and again today, the phone showed 'No Service', and I lost all radios (phone, 3g, wifi).

Only way to fix was a restart and it immediately was fine again. I don't know if it's related to AndyX, or Siyah 3.0.1 kernel. Since it was radio related I'm guessing it's kernel.

Just to follow up, I haven't had the issue since posting. However, sounds like 10.1 will be worth upgrading to anyway, so I don't think this needs any more investigation.

Upvote 0
AndyX likes to keep us waiting for his downloads!! 12 mins to go... been waiting for around an hour and a half!

Should be worth it though. I have been tryng various AOKP ROM's some very good, some not so much but I haven't found one with FM Radio included. I tried to install one on the market and it said my phone was unable to use the app. It appears that the Devs of these types of ROM's are leaving out FM Radio as certain S2's, I think maybe US versions? do not have the chip for FM radio so they are unable or not bothering incorporating it into their roms.... bummer really otherwise i'd be staying on Dragon Rom, looks awesome and feels awesome.

Download should be nearly there now.....

Upvote 0
Would I need to do a full wipe before flashing 10.1 if i'm already on 10? Feeling kinda lazy... :p

Yep looks like it. Under the changelog for 10.1 it says "DO FULL WIPES (do the 4 WIPES)" so I'd advise doing it just to be safe. Bit of a pain but probably saves a lot more paid.

I managed to download it last night. First, here's the changelog for v10.1:

- Based on ICS OFFICIAL XWLP7 Android 4.0.3
- Modem LPS (Best Modem to date)
- Kernel Root XWLP7
- Fixed bug in RAM (now shows the processes mb)
- Fixed Bug in Google Play (now displays the Applications mb)
- Fixed Bug on Facebook app
- Fixed Bug on Browser
- New Calculator themed ICS (Thanks Alonso444)
- Fixed bug in the Alarm and Clock
- New Email.apk Hacked Android 4.0.4 (Removed restrictions)
- New Gmail (Android 4.0.4)
- New Google Talk (Android 4.0.4)
- And all the improvements from previous versions

The changelogs for both v10.0 and v10.1 are in the OP. I'll also have v10.1 on my dropbox mirror shortly (~3 hrs).

At present, I can report that all is going smoothly. I probably did what everyone else did and checked all the bug fixes, which I can confirm are all fixed. Cannot comment on battery yet.

Reactions: brightman
Upvote 0
just wanna ask what is the best kernel for AndyX ROM v10.1?

I've found Siyah to be pretty handy when it comes to power saving. It's also updated more often than Bryan Sherman's twitter feed.

Instead of updating to 10.1 from 9, could I take out ICSClock.apk (from 10.1) and overwrite it on my phone? Where would I find ICSClock.apk on my phone?

That's a bit more technical to answer. Maybe make a new thread and ask about extracting apks from roms and replacing them.

Upvote 0
Hey, this rom is really smooth and fast! can't say much about the battery yet because I only installed it last night, I'm going to install Siyah to see if it's better. However, I kinda like the old music player better as I can play songs from folders instead of artist/album etc, it also looks funny in the lock screen with massive controls. Has anyone got the normal GS2 ICS music player which I can install on this andy rom?

Upvote 0
Tried AndyX 10.1 out which is OK but I have a problem with the face unlock, where it doesn't give you the option to improve face matching, is this only available on AOKP 4.0.4 base? I find that feature quite handy although don't know how secure it is.

I've gone back to the new release of Dragon ROM v1.8, which has just been updated to include FM radio and USB mass storage which allows you to see your external sd card again and the face unlock "Improve face matching" option is available as well as a few other cool little tweaks

Anybody else tried this ROM? I'm thinking it's better than AndyX..

Upvote 0
Been on V 10.1 just over a day now coming form checkromv6.

Experiencing massive battery drain. Will need to go back to checkrom.

This is from a fully charged battery with heavy but not constant use

Screenshot_2012-04-19-17-48-09.png

Dolphin browser seems to be the culprit here. It drains bad for me on checkrom but on this rom its rediculous

Upvote 0
Been on V 10.1 just over a day now coming form checkromv6.

Experiencing massive battery drain. Will need to go back to checkrom.

This is from a fully charged battery with heavy but not constant use

Screenshot_2012-04-19-17-48-09.png

Dolphin browser seems to be the culprit here. It drains bad for me on checkrom but on this rom its rediculous

I've never seen Dolphin take that much battery before! Make sure you properly close it before you stop using it. How often do you use it? The battery drain is more of an ICS issue rather than a rom issue.

Upvote 0
Has anyone got a mirror for 10.1 LP7?
I started downloading and my browser crashed, now its telling me I have to wait an hour before I can download again.

Sure do my good mate! I've updated my Dropbox mirror to include an assortment of new roms. Unfortunately, I can't get the link working, but here's a direct link to my AndyX v10.1 ;)

Reactions: Hawker
Upvote 0
Decided to install the new version of AndyX Rom and Im very impressed with it over the early versions . . .Im not to happy with the theme itself . .the drop down bar isnt nice and some apps still give a white pop up and makes reading texts impossible . .thats it though the ROM itself has come along very well . . .
Will stick with it until CheckROM V7 appears . . .Is there a way to change the drop down bar or the whole system UI at all?

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones