• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Annoyances in Eclipses on Ubuntu

zandstr8

Lurker
Apr 23, 2010
I have set up Eclipse Helios (3.6 I think) on Ubuntu 9.10. When every I click the ... button on something like Text or Gravity to see either the available strings or options the option box doesn't appear it just does nothing. Anyone else having this problems and are is their a way to fix it?

Thanks for the reply but it didn't work. I had found a similar site that said
#! /bin/sh
export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1
"eclipse path name

That didn't work either.

Just to be specific what I'm looking at is this

When you go to your Main.xml in your androidproject/res/layout/main.xml you go to layout then add a button or click something there and select preferences. Under something like ID when you click the value box a little ... button appears on the right and if you click the button your supposed to get a list of IDs this doesn't happen. Same for Text where your supposed to get strings and gravity where your supposed to get stuff like center,bottom,top. When I click on it nothing happens.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I'm not sure when 3.6 started working with the plugin sorry. I have tried up dating to 10.04 to see if that would fix it. Nothing.

I also tried to install 3.5 and run the fixes about and that didn't work either I'll keep trying things till something works.

I also filed a bug report to see if that brings anything up.

If anyone else is having this issue please post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones