• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio problem (Voice-to-Text / audio recording)

Hibernian

Lurker
Mar 24, 2023
Hi,

For about a month now, I've had a problem with my LG Velvet android phone. I had to get my screen replaced and ever since then I can no longer use to Google voice-to-text feature. It responds if I say "Okay Google" but, if I try to press the voice-to-text microphone button on either the Google search option or if I'm writing something in general. After noticing this I brought it back to a place in the mall which replaced the screen and had a new microphone installed and the problem still persists. Additionally, I just noticed that when I attempt to record a video, it doesn't record audio with it anymore. I can still make phone calls but, it seems that only certain features are affected. What could be causing this problem and what should I do to fix it as I like my phone and want to keep it?

Thanks.

Reactions: AugieTN
well not sure but this seems like a hardware issue more than anything software wise. the only way to get this fixed is to have a professional look at it. i would complain to the people who fixed your phone.
Thanks for the advice. I will see if they can fix it and if they are no help I will see if I can have a professional look at it before I commit to a new phone.

Upvote 0
Over the years I have seen numerous post of unusual things happening after a screen replacement. As ocnbrze said get a second opinion from a professional. LG no longer makes phones. I doubt this issue will ever be resolved. You might want to start looking for a new phone.
All of those features that I mentioned are acting up were working fine prior to the screen replacement so, if that seems to happen commonly that, I would assume, had something to do with it.

The place that did the screen repair seems to be able to get LG parts still since they got the new screen and a new microphone so I will try to see if they can repair it but, I will look for other places that also do repairs that might be more helpful.

I'm really disappointed that LG stopped making phones because I really prefer their interface over Samsung. I think it's still possible to order LG phones on Amazon, though. I would assume if I were to purchase one T-Mobile would still be able to activate their services on it since I know various providers allow people who switch providers to keep their old phones but, perhaps you might know for certain one way or the other.

If I do have to get a new phone from T-Mobile, which brand / model would you recommend? I know Samsung is generally the most popular android phone brand now, but are there any that have a more similar interface to LG that you know of? I'm mainly concerned about being able to transfer all my stuff from my LG to a different brand of phone since I've always had LGs and used the LG Mobile Switch to transfer things over from an old phone to a new one.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones