• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

annoying android image when making/receiving calls

mm1970

Lurker
Sep 11, 2010
Just got a Wildfire and am about to take it back to shop again because I hate the quite large Android image (green alien) that appears on screen whenever I make or receive a call. Seems quite a childish feature - and inappropriate for receiving calls at work (or other 'serious' environments) where colleagues might notice it. HTC technical support tell me there's no way of getting rid of the stupid thing - unless everyone who calls me has their picture registered in my phone, in which case their picture will appear instead, but that's hardly realistic... Help!

You can also use any black image and insert it as your contact picture for each contact. Granted, unknown numbers would still have it.

Also, if you read up on it, you could root your phone (i.e. get admin access) and manually change the image to something else. Seeing as you just got the phone, I don't know how comfortable you would be doing that.

Upvote 0
Many thanks for your reply. A couple of other people have also suggested the same thing. BTW, you wouldn't happen to know if there's a quick way of assigning the same photo/image (black space, in this case...) to everyone in my phone's People list (or, on computer, Gmail contact list), would you? I'll call HTC with same question.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones