• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root annoying chime noise on CM7 rom

erry

Jan 19, 2011
hi there - i have searched for an answer on this but not found an answer

but i thought i would ask- does anyone know how to get rid of that annoying noise that occurs if you are downloading something on the CM7 rom- its some kind of 'alert; because it occurs at other times aswell- but i can't find a way of switching it off-

i have changed my notification sound- so my texts come in with a different noise- but this somehow seems separate, in where it the sound is generated from

anyone had this problem?!

dont know where the setting is, but the file should be in /system/media/audio/ui I would expect.

hi there mate- i've finally found this- going in through the file manager- if i simply delete 'regulus' do you think it will cure the problem?!- although i realise i'm just deleting the noise not the reason for the noise....

it was in system/ media/ audio/ notifications though- NOT UI, does that matter?!

long shot, i know!!

i just can't handle that chiming noise going off all the time!!

alternativly within UI there are the following files..... which from my limited knowledge seem to be the positive 'triggers' of this noise

dock. ogg
effect_tick.ogg
keypress delete. ogg
keypress return.ogg
lock.ogg
low battery .ogg
undock.ogg
unlock.ogg

the one i'm suspicious of here is 'effect.ogg' as it isn't obvious what it actually does-- but if i play it it plays the chime noise (but they all do)

if i delete this is there a chance it will get rid of the problem?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones