• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying pop-up

Foxspeed

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2010
Nearly every time I go onto a regular forum that I frequent, I get an annoying pop-up advertisement on my mobile phone. The ad is about dating agencies and gives a URL in the pop-up. If I click 'OK' on the pop-up it then takes me to Google Play Store and wants me to download a dating agency app.
Any ideas how to stop this or why it happens?
I have uninstalled numerous apps and my regular Dolphin browser but it still appears.

Thanks.

If this only happens on the web site of your forum it might be someting on the web site.

But it might be also aggressive advertising, pushed by ad networks like AirPush, Leadbolt etc. and caused by a recently installed or updateted app on your phone.

If so, then this thread's first post by Hadron could help you to catch the culprit app ...
Push Advertising

Harry

Upvote 0
Nearly every time I go onto a regular forum that I frequent, I get an annoying pop-up advertisement on my mobile phone. The ad is about dating agencies and gives a URL in the pop-up. If I click 'OK' on the pop-up it then takes me to Google Play Store and wants me to download a dating agency app.
Any ideas how to stop this or why it happens?
I have uninstalled numerous apps and my regular Dolphin browser but it still appears.

Thanks.

It looks just like the pop ups you get if you go to a lot of forums on a mobile device. Most of them hit you with the "this forum has an app, click now to install tapatalk". This one just seems shady.

What forum is it? Post a link and we can see if its a pop up from that specific forum or something else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones