• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another SGS2 preview woohoo!

I also want this phone. For sprint though. I won't mind if they lose the keyboard either. I wish they would say that they are coming to the US. Most likely it is, but hearing it confirmed sounds so much better. I want to play with it and the Evo 3D in person to be absolutely sure. I think I'll end up with this though. It has awesome quality along with the pretty design. Evo 3D is lacking in attractive design to me. Enough about that, this is based on Galaxy S II. I also hope it comes with the native Sammy dual core and Plus screen. I keep reading the Tegra version will be Super Clear LCDs. That's not bad but those aren't the reasons as to why I wanted this phone initially you know. It takes away. Well, I won't bash it before we even know the concrete details. Summer will bring lots of choices.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Idc what anyone says about Sammy, they make the best quality phones from os to hardware. I mean look at that. Sleek, powerful, and future proof. Updates are a little slow in the US, but I blame carriers. Still a must have. I can't wait until it comes to the US.
normally this would be a problem since 2.1 to 2.2 is a huge move due to flash. since this phone does come with 2.3, i think i can hold on even if samsung is slow on updating since i havent heard of anything in the future as huge as flash. plus, i've been hearing samsung phones been getting updates recently anyway so maybe they're not as bad anymore

Upvote 0
Nope, thats not me! You won't see me until I get my SGSII to review, and even then you'll probably only see me reflected on the screen of the phone (or the windshield of my car when I take it out for an on-road test of the GPS alongside the SGSI).

Aren't you Hugh Jackman's long lost twin? There's nothing to be ashamed about! :p

CTIA video number TROIS. Those big tech sites are really dropping the ball.

By Fommy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3wVOHARks

Upvote 0
normally this would be a problem since 2.1 to 2.2 is a huge move due to flash. since this phone does come with 2.3, i think i can hold on even if samsung is slow on updating since i havent heard of anything in the future as huge as flash. plus, i've been hearing samsung phones been getting updates recently anyway so maybe they're not as bad anymore

Yea, I never thought Sammy was bad. By the end of this month, the UK I believe should have Ginger. If you notice anywhere outside the US they have received timely updates way before the US. They don't have all that bloat and funny business carriers have.

I understand that some carriers and manufacturers want to wait until the next flagship to push updates because they don't want to beat the device, but I mean the hardware alone should make the customer want to upgrade to any successor to what they have, & I'm saying this based off the rumor 2.3 for the Evo. It said they have to wait until the summer because that is when the Evo 3D comes. That is a long time. You might as well get the Evo 3D then.

I just think that Sammy should work closer with US carriers to push it out as smooth and fast as possible like they do in the UK, JP, and etc. You will never hear a carrier admit as to why they are the reason of flops to updates. Even concrete dates get moved back once they approach. Either way I am still getting this device. It's this for Sprint whenever it is announced or NS4G. I know that isn't dual but it still performs on a awesome day to day basis and pure! If the NS4G had the same specs as the GSII, it be the perfect phone.

I just hope they keep the specs it was announced with like the Plus screen and not the rumored Super Clear LCD. I hope that is for safe keeps when they run low or out. Also I want the Exynos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones