• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any Explanation?

So,, I just went through a long process (about two hours) of wiping and installing a rom (well attempting to install) until i just decided to go back completely stock and start over (no root or anything).. The first time i powered the phone on after flashing stock, I had no launcher so i went immediately to googl esearch through the recents page to get nova back. While searching, a google search update appeared and it led me to sign in (as usual) then it downloaded. after a few moments, I noticed That nova hadn't appeared in the status bar as a downloaded app so i pressed the home button-- And the google now launcher appeared. I thought that this was incompatible with JB.. I said all of this to ask what happened? haha I'm just slightly confused. :thinking::thinking::thinking::rolleyes:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones