• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any good drag and drop game building software?

Yea game salad is your best bet but I'd suggest just learning to code if you were serious about making a game cause using drag and drop builders will only make you lazy to learn later on & you'll have a game on the play store that you won't know how to update or expand.

It depends what the objective is. I agree that drag and drop utilities aren't going to be useful to build anything remotely complicated. But they do introduce someone to basic programming concepts. Just don't expect to be creating 'Half Life 3' with it :)

So as a basic starter, it's ok, but I totally agree, for proper game development, it's necessary to get into coding, and understanding how to use a graphics library.

Upvote 0
Don't let it overwhelm you, I remember the day I tried to start learning I slammed my laptop closed & nearly pulled my hair out but then I took a cold shower grabbed some juice then opened my laptop and took it slowly and...I slammed it closed a short while later but eventually things slowly started making sense and once it did it felt great :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: thatsMISTER2u
Upvote 0
Don't let it overwhelm you, I remember the day I tried to start learning I slammed my laptop closed & nearly pulled my hair out but then I took a cold shower grabbed some juice then opened my laptop and took it slowly and...I slammed it closed a short while later but eventually things slowly started making sense and once it did it felt great

Thanks for the encouragement!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones