• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Other bookmark Widgets like HTC's?

I was all set to take the plunge and get ADW, but then I found a neat little home replacement that WORKS with Sense UI (It's sort of a home within a home screen plugin).

It's called "Powerstrip"
introducing Power Strip

or via Appbrain
Power Strip - Android app on AppBrain

Basically it will let you duplicate/emulate a similar draw like that of ADW which everyone seems to want. It's not free, but .99 is kinda cheap to try it out. It takes a bit getting used to and the biggest 'odd' thing is that your widgets require two clicks to activate.. one to move the widget above the bar.. the 2nd to activate it. Took me a while to figure that out. It also has a 2 or 3 bar shortcut section as well.

Once you set it up however, one click of the Home button opens the drawer.. double click the home to use the standard "go Home" function, and it has no problem with HTC Sense on my Evo. So now I get all the fun widgets, + a configurable drawer that auto-hides :)

If that's all you're looking for from ADW then you can keep your sense bookmark widget :)

Upvote 0
I went to ADW.launcher and missed the bookmark app too. The I found I can long press the homescreen, select short cut and bookmarks is an option. 1 bookmark = 1 widget space. Did the same thing with often called contacts using Contact Widget. So now on one screen I use the top half for contacts and the bottom half for bookmarks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones