• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Sprint Employee or Insider on Forum?

I have a question about the Premier Plan (for SprintTerp, or anyone who has info):

When I was first told about Premier membership, the Sprint rep said it was for 10-year customers. Now it sounds like anyone who gets a plan $69.99 or higher automatically becomes a Premier member.

So what's the advantage for staying 10 years if they're now handing them out to everyone?

Upvote 0
I have a question about the Premier Plan (for SprintTerp, or anyone who has info):

When I was first told about Premier membership, the Sprint rep said it was for 10-year customers. Now it sounds like anyone who gets a plan $69.99 or higher automatically becomes a Premier member.

So what's the advantage for staying 10 years if they're now handing them out to everyone?

There are a few different 'Premier' status things flying around the Sprint Universe. I know of the simplest to acquire, which comes with paying an MRC of $69.99 or higher on time for three months. This entitles you to upgrades every 12 months.

I've heard that this program used to be much more prestigious - yes, I've heard that it is also given to Sprint customers of 10 years.

Just today I was discussing this with my coworker and he seems to think that 10-year members are eligible for this Advantage Club program, which sounds a lot better than just Premier membership. I really don't know the answer, though.

Bottom line is, I understand why loyal Sprint customers would have an issue with new customers jumping on the Premier program after only 3 months, but you're still getting a sweet deal with upgrade eligibility every 12 months. Kinda like a don't look a gift horse in the mouth situation if you ask me...

Upvote 0
Wow, I didn't even know this Advantage Club existed...I suppose that's the Employee plan for Sprint corporate employees. I basically get the same plan you guys are on for $20/month, but I don't get all the other perks like upgrade eligibility every year...I'm jealous.

It's the fancy version of the old SERO plans. I wish they had an advantage shared plan, I would be all over it :D.

Upvote 0
sweet how do I sign up
Oh oh, I think I sense an avalanche of requests comnig. What have i done. :eek:

Just today I was discussing this with my coworker and he seems to think that 10-year members are eligible for this Advantage Club program, which sounds a lot better than just Premier membership. I really don't know the answer, though.
Interesting. Didn't know that. Might be good to follow up since I've beenwith Sprint for over 10 years.
It's the fancy version of the old SERO plans. I wish they had an advantage shared plan, I would be all over it :D.
This much is true, i still have one of my phones on Sero, the other three were recently upgraded last year for the Hero and the U301.

TS out

Upvote 0
I got a lot of people SERO accounts and I can't say they are happy to have to switch to get all these new phones :D.

Yeah, but people were abusing it and passing out emails online to give it to just anyone. Also, even with the regular plans you stll save a lot over a comparable plan on a competitor's network so I don't mind. Sprint needed to get all those people off SERO and start making some money.

Upvote 0
I'm looking to get into an EVO when it is released but was wondering if there are any phones at the sprint stores that I could play with that would get as close as possible to an EVO expierence prior to it coming out. I've never had smart phone and the only one I've played with is my wife's iPhone. I have an iPod Touch an basically view that a the same thing so I know what I like and don't like. Thanks guys.:)

Upvote 0
I'm looking to get into an EVO when it is released but was wondering if there are any phones at the sprint stores that I could play with that would get as close as possible to an EVO expierence prior to it coming out. I've never had smart phone and the only one I've played with is my wife's iPhone. I have an iPod Touch an basically view that a the same thing so I know what I like and don't like. Thanks guys.:)

hero is going to be closest that sprint has right now. If you want to get a feel for the size, go check out the HD2 at tmobile.

Upvote 0
hero is going to be closest that sprint has right now. If you want to get a feel for the size, go check out the HD2 at tmobile.

Yes, I've seen the HD2 and the size is great for what I'm looking for. Does the Hero run 2.1 and what size is that screen? I ask because chances are my wife will get one with me as well but I want her to try it first to make sure she likes it better than the iPhone.

Upvote 0
according to who?
Jackson, from Sprint Forums. That sounds about right, as well. Anything above 199 after MIR will push folks away. And Verizon locked people in with having to get a certain plan for DROID. I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint did it, as well. The release date will have to be between May and June. Android 2.1 was always more likely than anything higher than that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones