• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any tips on how to control bluetooth device selection?

Wowoweewow

Lurker
Jul 23, 2015
I use multiple bluetooth devices (car, alarm clock, wireless speakers), so I tend to leave the bluetooth antenna on, and I was wondering if there is a way to control the default device selection settings for audio output, or establish any kind of hierarchy of which devices should get preferential selection?

For example, when I'm home, if I have still bluetooth turned on then my music player and media sounds default to my alarm clock speaker. Very annoying, if I forget to turn bluetooth off. If I just want to play music or watch a video on my phone, I have to repeatedly select that output option every several minutes, as it keeps forgetting and defaulting to my bluetooth paired device. This is the exact opposite of the way I'd like it work. Any way to make the phone only play to a certain bluetooth device if I go to the play media selection screen and select that output?

Thanks, overall I really like this phone but have found a few specific things that bug me with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones