1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Any way of not showing SMS on lock screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by up_north, Sep 19, 2009.

1. up_north

up_north New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I think the answer to this is "no" but... I've spent this mornign playing with a Hero and really like it. I was wondering if there was any way, fro a privacy point of view, of NOT displaying the SMS preview at the bottom of the screen when the screen is locked - happy to show caller details - just don't want the text itself.

Thanks

Ian

Advertisement

2. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    UK
    Does this work?

Messages > Menu > Settings > Uncheck "Notifications"

Chegs.

3. up_north

up_north New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Thanks for your quick reply. Do you mean "Notification Flash"? I tried that but i think that just disables the message flasing up in the op bar?

Ian

4. cheggerspop

cheggerspop Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    UK

Under "Notification settings" in the Messages settings area, one of the options says -

"Notifications - Display message notifications in status bar" and has a check option next to it.

Having just tried it, it seems that this does stop the message appear on the lock screen, but also stops the Hero bleeping/flashing to say a message has arrived, so isn't really going to be of much use!?!

Soz :(

Chegs.

5. TR21

TR21 Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Then you can download missed call and have that ring/vibrate/flash the led when you get as message. The only thing it can't do is flash the trackball. I like it because you can change the vibration pattern.

6. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Cambridge, UK
    The "SMS Popup" app gives the functionality you're after.

You can set it up to notify, but not show contents. Then turn off the regular SMS notification.

Tags: