1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any way to amplify the notifications, change navigator voice?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by otter, Dec 19, 2011.

1. otter

otter Well-Known Member

I can barely hear my notifications and I've got real good hearing! Is there anyway to amplify it and does anybody else have a problem w/ all notifications and ring tones being too quiet? Is there a fix in the works?

Also I was driving today and the navigation voice is just awful. I like the old voice better than a drunken southern ladies voice (no offence to the drunken southern gals)! I had to turn the radio off the entire trip and put the phone on my chest just so I could hear. Any suggestions on improving that or changing the voice?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Volume+ in the market with fix your low volume issue.

3. otter

otter Well-Known Member

Thanks. I read one review that said it blew out the speakers on the nexus and that its only for rootred phones. Do you use it?

4. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Same Here,

I already have Sony Vegas Pro 10d so I use its to render my own ring-tones bumping the levels up.

5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Yes I use it, just don't go past 7 and you will be fine. I think the free app only goes to 4, you will be safe.

6. otter

otter Well-Known Member

I cant find that in the market

7. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Heh! Sorry, its not an app. I meant being I already have it I just use it to max out the capabilities of a sound file.

You will pay more than $600.00 for Sony Vegas Pro.

8. otter

otter Well-Known Member

I will check it out. Any way to change the navigator voice

9. bigjoke

bigjoke Lurker

anyone know how to get any notification at all for voice mail?

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews