• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any way to send/email mp3s?

illiniguy73

Nov 21, 2009
Has anyone found a way to email or otherwise send mp3 files to another person? I tried the "Explorer" file manager which allows emailing files. I can email from gmail to another account. When I access that account with the standard email client, there is no option to save the audio file (or even just open) as there is for receiving image files. When I send from my non-gmail account to gmail, the file gets truncated to 5MB and can only be previewed within the gmail client. I tried the K-9 client but I can't set it up with my non-gmail account because you cannot select a port for the incoming server (only the outgoing). Thanks for any suggestions.

Has anyone found a way to email or otherwise send mp3 files to another person? I tried the "Explorer" file manager which allows emailing files. I can email from gmail to another account. When I access that account with the standard email client, there is no option to save the audio file (or even just open) as there is for receiving image files. When I send from my non-gmail account to gmail, the file gets truncated to 5MB and can only be previewed within the gmail client. I tried the K-9 client but I can't set it up with my non-gmail account because you cannot select a port for the incoming server (only the outgoing). Thanks for any suggestions.

Try using the web browser to go to gmail and see if it work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones