• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to sort notifications so the newest one is on top?

MisterBill

Jun 15, 2011
I have a Samsung S23 (Android 13, of course). I get a bunch of notifications from apps (and often don't clear them), and when I get a new one that I still have the sound enabled for, I have to scroll through the list to find it (if I'm lucky, sometimes I don't find it). It's a real pain because it typically isn't even near the top, and they're displayed in a seemingly random order. Is there some setting or app that gets Android to always display the newest notification on top in chronological order? Thanks.

To show the newest notifications on top in your SamSung:

1- Open Settings > Notifications.
2- Tap Advanced.
3- Under Notification order, select Sort by time.

For the newest notification on top, enable Heads-up notifications to see a banner on your screen until you dismiss or interact with it.
Not all phones have this. My z fold 4 does not.

Upvote 0
To show the newest notifications on top in your SamSung:

1- Open Settings > Notifications.
2- Tap Advanced.
3- Under Notification order, select Sort by time.

For the newest notification on top, enable Heads-up notifications to see a banner on your screen until you dismiss or interact with it.

Thanks, but like ocnbrze, I do not see that option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230719_172808_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230719_172808_Settings.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Is there some setting or app that gets Android to always display the newest notification on top in chronological order? Thanks.
Must be a Samsung thing, because my Motorola RAZR+ and the Pixel 5 before it both sort notifications by default in newest-first, descending order.

In any event, I'm sure there is an app available that does what you want... just a matter of finding it.
notifications - Android Apps on Google Play

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones