1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any WIFI fixes out there?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Klauven, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Klauven

Klauven Member

I have had my droid for awhile, WIFI has never worked all that well but I mostly use my 3G anyway. However, I would really like to get this resolved. I poked around the forums but most of the solutions involve router settings. I cannot change the router settings at work. From what I have read, it almost sounds like I just have a lemon of a phone.

-At Home: Sometimes phone does not see my router, when it does it connects fine but drops the connection or runs very slow very soon after connecting. I usually only get about 2-5 minutes of quick internet access. Router is already on a light traffic channel, running WPA2.

-At Work: See router fine but will not connect at all, gets to the obtaining IP address and disconnects.

-At Parents House: Seems to work great virtually all the time (No Security since they are in a rural area)

Attempted Solutions at home: Change channels, reboot router

Attempted Solution on phone: Tried various ROMs including froyo and GB. Used built in kernels that have come with the custom ROMs and Slayers 1.2ghz v1.6.

Appreciate any input.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast

I know it sounds dumb, but try double checking your password for your work account. Mine did this for awhile, and I realized I'd recently reset my connections, had to type in my password, and gotten it wrong.

3. Klauven

Klauven Member

Yea, I thought of that, its a complex PW wit #s, case changes and everything. The PW works with my laptop, but not the phone.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews