• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any WIFI fixes out there?

Klauven

Jul 23, 2010
I have had my droid for awhile, WIFI has never worked all that well but I mostly use my 3G anyway. However, I would really like to get this resolved. I poked around the forums but most of the solutions involve router settings. I cannot change the router settings at work. From what I have read, it almost sounds like I just have a lemon of a phone.

-At Home: Sometimes phone does not see my router, when it does it connects fine but drops the connection or runs very slow very soon after connecting. I usually only get about 2-5 minutes of quick internet access. Router is already on a light traffic channel, running WPA2.

-At Work: See router fine but will not connect at all, gets to the obtaining IP address and disconnects.

-At Parents House: Seems to work great virtually all the time (No Security since they are in a rural area)

Attempted Solutions at home: Change channels, reboot router

Attempted Solution on phone: Tried various ROMs including froyo and GB. Used built in kernels that have come with the custom ROMs and Slayers 1.2ghz v1.6.

Appreciate any input.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones