• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone Avail

crshocks

Feb 20, 2012
Hello

I'm new to the smart phone scene and just picked up an AT&T Avail.I love the phone but feel its falling kinda short when it comes to games i can get into. I've been looking through the market to find games that i would like and found a few that i would really like to play but have had no luck getting them to work on the Avail. I would have thought if I could see it in the store it would work on my phone. For example Gun Bros and Shodowgun just don't seem to play on this thing. Am I doing something wrong? Would rooting help me in this? will I ever be able to play Shadowgun or nova on this thing?

Thanks for the help

I am new to the smart phone android world myself, but I have been looking at the android market website and if you register via your pc desktop and specify your phone number and type of phone. Has you go through the site when you bring up an app look to the left side bar and it will tell you if it is compatible with your phone, as well as if it is installed all ready on your phone (it will say installed as opposed to install). Saves time because I don't waste my data minutes downloading stuff I already have or won't work. When I find something then I go to it directly with the phone and download it and install.

Upvote 0
The hardware on this phone can't really keep up with "system loading" games, as it's rather basic for an android. If you rooted and flashed one of the stripped down ROMs like mine or anthony062991s, it may pick up a bit (especially with anthony's kernel, included with my foreign ROMs but not my US one).

ROMs that I'm aware of:
-anthony062991:
one.zero
one.one
one.two
one.three (has the kernel pre-installed)

-my ROMs:
MH-1.0
MH-1.0.1E (European)
MH-1.0.1B (Brasil, not finished)
ICS-PROTO (Still building, highly experimental)

Reactions: Russ71
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones