• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else have problems with music app while connected to aux input?

So I just got my evo and I love it so far but today when I tried using it in my car connected to the stereo the phone went crazy...i.e: would randomly skip songs, stop others, fast forward, rewind, repeat, etc when it was only slightly moved. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, with double twist installed, both apps often start playing music when I open one.

It is really weird, jw if anyone else has seen this?

So I just got my evo and I love it so far but today when I tried using it in my car connected to the stereo the phone went crazy...i.e: would randomly skip songs, stop others, fast forward, rewind, repeat, etc when it was only slightly moved. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, with double twist installed, both apps often start playing music when I open one.

It is really weird, jw if anyone else has seen this?

Yeah, I've experienced this. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. I can't see a pattern. It seems especially bad in Pandora, though. I thought at first it was a loose cable, but it started doing it while sitting on its own after having worked for 15 - 20 minutes, and cable was tight.

Upvote 0
I had this problem when my Evo is outputting "stereo" headphone with mic icon. I guess it depends on how you plug in the cable? I have no issues when its outputting "mono" headphone with no mic icon. I have a aux cable at work and usually takes a couple of in and out on the 3.5mm jack to get the headphone with no mic icon.

Upvote 0
I'm having the exact same problem with Pandora. It's really weird. My stereo is nothing special. It's an alpine aftermarket stereo with RCA (red/white) aux inputs on one side of the cable and a 3.5" miniplug on the other that goes into the Evo. Whenever it plugged in, Pandora keeps skipping to the next song after only a couple of seconds. As soon as I unplug it, it works fine. I can plug in various headphones and that also works fine. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? :(

Since I've only tried with Pandora, I will try tonight with the built in music player to see if I get the problem there, as well.

Upvote 0
(Cross posting my solution from another thread)

The EVO 4G seems to have trouble with non-TRRS plugs. I've had all kinds of problems with a standard 3.5mm TRS plug going into the aux of my car stereo. Songs skipping, pausing, voice dialing activated randomly, headphone icon switching from TTRS to TRS intermittently, etc. These usually seem to be caused by jiggling of the plug and/or cable.

I searched all over the web and it seems to be a common problem. Headphone blocker doesn't totally fix it. I've seen folks suggesting trying gold plugs, shielded cables, and various other kinds of other voodoo.

IMO the problem is due to a cheap-ass headphone jack in the phone itself.

WARNING!!! DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
-----------------------------------------------------

I opened up the phone, removed the tape from the top of the headphone jack and bent the pin on the copper lead that's over the top of the jack more towards the bottom (Away from the S ring and towards the R ring). I've had no problems since.

Your mileage may vary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones