1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyone Ever Heard of a "Modes" or "Environments" App??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by nodapic, Oct 5, 2011.

1. nodapic

nodapic Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Hi everyone!

I just got a Droid Bionic and have started the long task of customizing it. One thing I remember hearing about a year or so ago was this idea of "modes" or something like that.

The idea was that one could define multiple modes - a Work-Mode, a Home-Mode and a Weekend-Mode, for example. The android would then switch between the modes based on time or type of day or one could just manually switch between them. Has anyone ever heard of something like that?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Are you looking to make the phone automatically turn on wifi at certian points, change sound profiles at certian times... If so you should look into tasker or locale

I personally use tasker and love it, my phone doesn't ring at work or search for wifi but does at home and I don't have to worry about it.

3. NoMoreSymbian

NoMoreSymbian Member
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    Twin Cities, MN
    I use "Profile" from the market ($1.99). You can set up as many profiles as you wish controlling many options like screen brightness, ring and notification sounds and you can make the profiles time based/day of week. I use it for a day and night mode that operates automatically. Also has widgets to quickly manage the app.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.noimjosh.profile&feature=search_result

4. nodapic

nodapic Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Hi guys,

I ended up buying tasker - it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for the tips!

nodapic