• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone Getting 4G that Shouldn't Be?

gapi

Android Expert
May 14, 2011
N GA
alcphoto.net
I live as the crow flies 10 miles from the nearest spotty 4G coverage on Verizon's map. But when I drive into it I have to go another 5 miles to see it. 4g in all other directions are 50 miles or more.

Well have been getting 4g at the house for the last few days and love it. I always run wireless and have 4g toggled on all the time at home so I know its a recent thing.

Maybe thy are testing.

When I called Verizon CS about a matter, VZ guy and I started talking about what 4g phone I should get for mu upcoming upgrade. When i told him I wasn't even in a 4g area, he looked it up and told me I was only 7 miles away from a 4g area.

I didn't know that, the website always says no 4g in my area. So yeah seems that 4g is already in area's even though not officially perhaps.

Reactions: gapi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones