• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone Have Any Luck Getting Gtalk Video Chat to work on CM7?

OstrichSaK

Android Expert
Nov 22, 2009
Colorado, USA
Just flashed v7.1.0 which is supposed to be v2.3.4 so GTalk should have Video chat enabled but I don't have the little cameras on my phone. My GTalk version is 1.3 but is there a different version I need to install? I have an inverted version of GTalk v1.3 w/the video chat enabled but when I boot into recovery and attempt to flash it doesn't seem to take upon reboot. I really want this feature to work and that's partly the reason I chose CM7.1.0 when selecting a new ROM.

Thanks for the help!

Just flashed v7.1.0 which is supposed to be v2.3.4 so GTalk should have Video chat enabled but I don't have the little cameras on my phone. My GTalk version is 1.3 but is there a different version I need to install? I have an inverted version of GTalk v1.3 w/the video chat enabled but when I boot into recovery and attempt to flash it doesn't seem to take upon reboot. I really want this feature to work and that's partly the reason I chose CM7.1.0 when selecting a new ROM.

Thanks for the help!

weird i just flashed cm7.1 and i have google talk and it works for me. i have not tried the inverted one yet. have you tried and wipe dalvik cache and cache? also maybe use titanium backup and pull it out from another rom and then restore it and see if that works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones