• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone having issues sending/receiving SMS?

As of 6:10 or so Ive been having issues with SMS... then at 8:15 I got 3 at once, and since then ive been able to confirm that one has been sent out, but received no others..

Anyone else experiencing this?

Ive done a shutdown / restart twice. No avail.

I have had the same problem. Didn't recieve any texts then all of the sudden i got a barrage. I thought it might be the network settings coz i was using wifi at work and the settings changed from automatic to roaming i think. If you get an answer that works give me a shout- out. There's a post below yours by me about it.

Thanx dude:thinking:

Upvote 0
I have had the same problem. Didn't recieve any texts then all of the sudden i got a barrage. I thought it might be the network settings coz i was using wifi at work and the settings changed from automatic to roaming i think. If you get an answer that works give me a shout- out. There's a post below yours by me about it.

Thanx dude:thinking:

Same exact thing here. Apparently they are all going out - my fiance said she rec'd all mine, and tried to reply and call me back, but didnt get through on the call till the third try - texts are coming in in bunches every 4 hours or so.

I was on the phone with sprint last night and they said Wednesday was a national texting outage - but it was supposed to be cleared up. The technician did some typing and all of a sudden I got a text from him then one from my fiance, then i replied to her and she replied back. I told him it was working, then we hung up and it quit working again.

Im headed to the store today to see whats up.

When I woke up this morning the phone said "no network available, should it switch to world mode?"

What the heck, im 40 miles west of DC - pretty sure ive got coverage ;)

Upvote 0
Hmmm, same thing happened to me as well a few times now. Oddly enough its happened at my apartment, where I have great service and coverage. My gf texted me Saturday morning but I didnt receive it til about 10 hours later, but I did receive a few other texts from other individuals in real time. Very strange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones