• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone in the UK got their Nexus One yet?

ordered mine on the 6th, shipped on the 7th (got notification on the 8th), arrived at Gatwick on the 9th. Hopefully they'll deliver today, im only in Crawley round the corner.
No sign of it yet then strictly? Must be frustrating that it's so close and you don't have it!
I'm going to lock myself away for the night to play with mine......oooeeerrr!

Upvote 0
Ordered mine on the 7th.
Was shipped on the 9th.
Still waiting...

DHL: Track details

same shipping details as mine (less the actual tracking number). I was hoping that mine would be delivered tomorrow but as my details have not yet been updated (less it saying that it has been shipped - what does this actually mean?) I cannot imagine receiving it now till at least Wednesday.

Any idea where DHL takes the parcel back to if there is nobody at home when they try to deliver? I've tried googling it but cannot find anything. I live in Camberley, Surrey and was wondering where their nearest collection depot was.

Upvote 0
Ordered mine on the 7th and received it today at 12 am here in newcastle.

love the phone but as you can read on the other thread i am hugely disappointed with the ringing volume of the phone. im desperate to sort something out but can see away around it. i know ill miss lots of calls especially when its in its case and in my pocket.

why oh why google didnt you put stereo speakers on it or a larger speaker like the milestone.

Upvote 0
is it a useless post because I live in Camberley (well, to be more precise, the Royal Military Academy (yes, I'm an Army boy)) or because it is useless in another aspect. :eek:

useless because it shed no light on your question :D my Sun bus (possibly) went past where you were. And the nearby training ground used to shake the entire building when they set off explosives. Fun times!!

Upvote 0

love the phone but as you can read on the other thread i am hugely disappointed with the ringing volume of the phone. im desperate to sort something out but can see away around it. i know ill miss lots of calls especially when its in its case and in my pocket.

why oh why google didnt you put stereo speakers on it or a larger speaker like the milestone.

I already have an Android phone (the magic) which I've rooted and had a few custom roms on it. One of the roms had a really low ringtone. Fortunately, there was a fix to it (a software hack).

The point is, I'm sure that there will be a fix to it, but it may involve having to flash your phone.

Upvote 0

That's a good turnaround. What time roughly did you order on the 7th then?
Did the package come into East Midlands too?
I'm in Scotland so I'm wondering if it'll come into Edinburgh airport instead of EMA.

Upvote 0
That's a good turnaround. What time roughly did you order on the 7th then?
Did the package come into East Midlands too?
I'm in Scotland so I'm wondering if it'll come into Edinburgh airport instead of EMA.

Ordered it at 1.30pm on the 7th. Tracked it from the depot to cincinatti to east midlands which is where it stayed over the weekend. then monday it arrived at newcastle depot at 9am and dleivered to my door at just after 12pm. Very good service. i was not in but they left it with a neighbour.

Upvote 0
Ordered it at 1.30pm on the 7th. Tracked it from the depot to cincinatti to east midlands which is where it stayed over the weekend. then monday it arrived at newcastle depot at 9am and dleivered to my door at just after 12pm. Very good service. i was not in but they left it with a neighbour.
Certainly is good service. You should be on here defending the big G on the service. Unfortunately it has been a bit random though. Wish they'd all been like your service.

Upvote 0
Oh God, this is like mental torture....

After ordering my N1 on Tuesday evening (5th Jan) UK time, I get my shipping email from Google on the 8th Jan :D

Sadly ladies & gents, due to the weekend (damn it DHL, do you not realise the importance of this package), it only left Indianapolis on the 11th & is now sitting in the Cincinnati Hub :(

This, has been a painful process......

Upvote 0
Oh God, this is like mental torture....

After ordering my N1 on Tuesday evening (5th Jan) UK time, I get my shipping email from Google on the 8th Jan :D

Sadly ladies & gents, due to the weekend (damn it DHL, do you not realise the importance of this package), it only left Indianapolis on the 11th & is now sitting in the Cincinnati Hub :(

This, has been a painful process......
Ouch. Hope I don't go through that experience!
Also weird that it didn't move over the weekend as there were two flights in from CVG to EMA on Friday night and Saturday night. See here: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Fligh...?id=180914208&airlineCode=D0&flightNumber=973

Upvote 0
my shipment details (on DHL's website) have now been updated as follows:

Tracking history... Help

Date and time Status Location Service Area
1/12/2010 1:20 am Transit through DHL facility Cincinnati Hub, OH
1/11/2010 11:33 pm Depart Facility Northeast Indianapolis, IN
11:31 pm Processed at DHL Location. Northeast Indianapolis, IN
6:24 pm Departing origin. Northeast Indianapolis, IN
5:51 pm Shipment picked up Northeast Indianapolis, IN

Ordered this phone on 7 Jan 10 for those that are interested in timescales.

I now know that I will not be in when they try to deliver this. This means I'll probably have to go to my local collection depot to pick it up. I think this is Reading which is about 30 mins from here. Bummer!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones