• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone on 2.2 With Orange Having Internet Problems?

bigstu22

Aug 4, 2010
Okay, getting pi**ed off now and would like advice from those with 2.2 on Orange . I've had my Desire for 2 months now and love it-apart from one thing-the damned internet connection.

Quite often, with a strong 3G+ (HSDPA) signal, my internet connection fails to load data. Then, a few minutes later, in the same location, it works perfectly.

I know for a fact that this is not a network only problem. The reason I know this is because I previously used the exact same sim in my iphone for 6 months in the very same locations and it ALWAYS worked perfectly.

Therefore, my strong suspicion is that the problem is a result of the COMBINATION of the Orange branding on a Desire and the network itself.

I'm sure I read of a couple of posters here who had the very same problems and when they moved to 2.2 the problem disappeared. Can anyone confirm? I've been waiting patiently for the Orange update to 2.2 but am getting fed up and I'm concerned that the Orange bloatware may still cause an issue after this.

Hence, I'm considering a debrand and update myself. However, I'd rather hear good news from others who have done this before the I involve myself in the hassle.

I'm getting very frustrated with my Orange Internet. Sometimes it just will not do anything. Sometimes it swaps between 3g, H, E, G all over the place and only half loads a page.
However a good friend has an iPhone on Orange and he gets much the same problems, so I think it's them, not us.

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem, It begin with sporadic internet connection failures, Actually I dont have internet at all. Nor with 3G connection nor thru a working WiFi (I verified the WiFi internet connection on other pc on the network.)
But the email is working and some others internet related services are working too (like Whatsapp). The wheather apps are not updating on demand but are backgroud updated!
The phone provider is Orange / the phone is htc desire

Someone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Guillem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones