• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone swap out their microSD for a 32gb one yet?

PetrinaH

Lurker
Nov 4, 2010
Just wondering if any MyTouch 4g users out there have swapped their 8 gb micro sd card for a 32 gig one...

I'm thinking about doing so to get my entire ITunes collection on my phone thanks to Doubletwist and wondered if anyone on here had made the leap and if so what brand, what price and what store did you purchase from? Should I even dare to buy from Ebay?

What I did was copy my current SD card contents to my laptop through the USB cable, unmounted the card from the phone options, plugged in the new card at which point is gave that preparing SD card message in the notification bar on the phone. But I went ahead and formatted the card again just to be sure. Then I copied all the contents from the copy of the old SD card I had on my laptop back to my phone and it mostly worked.

Most of the custom notification sounds for my apps were wrong and I had to redo those, but other then that it worked fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones