• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone use Calibre?

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
A friend gave me a bunch of books in ePub format and suggested that I could load them onto my NC with Calibre. Of course, that probably assumes that I have a stock NC. Anyone know what I need to do in order to read all these books on my hacked NC?

Calibre thinks that my book is loaded to the device, but the Nook app won't recognize it or find it or something.

Geez, what a night. Had to sideload root explorer to the nook to get the Market back after the manual nooter 4.5.25 update. Anyway, here's the scoop.

Press the menu button and the bottom of the screen right above the Nook n. Select Library. Touch the My Files tab and then touch the words "memory card". At this point you should be able to browse the content of your sd card and open any ePub files that might be there.

screenshot67.jpg

Reactions: flu13
Upvote 0
Oh, I see. I should have mentioned that I'm running Phiremod, so I don't have the basic Nook functionality, and therefore not the same Library app. I just have the Nook app for Android, and it doesn't seem to want to let me browse.

I thought you flashed CM7 and had some issues and then went back to stock 1.2 with manual nooter. You seem to be flashing that thing like an old man in a trench coat ;)

Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones