• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone use torrent app on your phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyweightgd6

Android Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2011
I cant get ttorrent lite and adownloader to download anything. They both act as if they are going to but everytime I start a download the percentages never move. And a funny thing i noticed with both of them is when a download starts... they say the size of the file is 0... wth?

I cant get ttorrent lite and adownloader to download anything. They both act as if they are going to but everytime I start a download the percentages never move. And a funny thing i noticed with both of them is when a download starts... they say the size of the file is 0... wth?

Are you on wifi? I read that metro blocks torrents through 4g but I'm not certain.. Also, when I used atorrent with some private trackers it would not allow me to download because it was not on the list of acceptable clients.. and finally I would get that error also if my memory card was full

Upvote 0
Many times a carrier will block access to torrents for the same reason we don't approve of them here, namely open piracy. When you see a 0 file size for a torrent file the listing is there but the file has be pulled. Again, most likely for copyright violation or outright piracy.

It's just not cool to disrespect developers and artists by taking their hard work and giving nothing back. Let's not be "that guy".

I'm going to lock this thread since it's gone as far as it should. If you think it should be re-opened, you can make your case in a private message. I'll be more than happy to discuss it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones