• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help this is reprehensible I despise phones because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notification Settings
The notification settings panel provides shortcuts to different phone settings for quick access.

Click on any of the shortcut notification icons to power on or off.

The shortcut icons are the symbols in the notification bar above the Google search bar.

To clear notifications:
» Drag down the notification bar and click the clear notification icon on the lower right hand part of the
notification screen (3 horizontal lines as shown in the figure).

To drag an icon put your finger on the screen over the icon and lightly hold down while moving your finger. (aka swiping)

To access the quick notification settings menu:

» Drag down the notification bar completely.
Some settings include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Location, Airplane mode, and Flashlight.

Drag down the notification bar by again placing your finger over the area, pressing lightly and sliding it down. (aka swiping)

Once the drag down (aka drop down) is completed the notification bar will be expanded showing the other options. Do not click Airplane mode as this sileneces the phone and will cause many headaches as to why it will not ring ... lol

Upvote 0
The app drawer is just the list of all apps. Originally, dating back to Android 2.3 in 2009, it was accessed by an 'all apps' shortcut, which other manufacturers used as well (Samsung, AOSP, Moto, et, al) and sometimes represented by a grid if squares, or that plus 'apps' or 'all apps' labels.

Today, that's hidden behind (to me) an uneccessary swipe up from bottom gesture. The icon for 'all apps' has been MIA in Android for a long time, although many third-party launchers (launcher being Android's explorer.exe if you're familar with windows, basically the desktop) can restore the all apps icon, such as Nova Launcher. Other manufacturers allow using a widget as a shortcut to all apps or various settings. A widget is sort of a 'mini app' or a 'gadget'. If you're used to Windows Vista or Windows 7 in the past, the 'desktop gadgets' were your widgets. For example, the search bar you referred to is one of the many widgets.

The nofitication area is often called the status bar. That's where the icons showing your battery, signal strength, bluetooth status, and any icons from other apps show their notifications. It is something I've never liked on Android, and I feel app badges (such as the number of unread emails on the email icon) were one of iOS's strengths. I have NEVER liked Android's notification system AT ALL. The status bar should just BE the status bar. I often disable all the icons that depict notifications because it becomes a cluttered mess over time, and many modern phones make sound for even the most insignificant notification, making you think something important needs your attention only to find out it's just your phone telling you about Bixby or something.

But to access it, you swipe down from the top (touch top of the phone screen, hold, drag finger down, ignore the now messy, fingerprint greased screen) and it should show all your notifications, shown as 'cards' that can be interacted with.

Your home screens are what you see after the phone is unlocked. Android has many home screens, and all of them are often populated by default with various icons and widgets. Most people leave them as is (especially if they came from iPhone) but they can be customized later once you get used to how Android works.

"Recent apps" is accessed by a very confusing gesture (used to be there was a button on the phone for it) that I've never mastered. My phone is much older so it has a dedicated recent apps button, and it shows all your open apps. I wouldn't bother using this feature, because closing apps on Android can cause issues and I'd advise NEVER to install anything claiming to be a RAM optimizer or CPU cooler, or battery saver.

In the past, there used to be a 'new user tips' widget pre-loaded onto the first home screen. It gave new users to Android tips for how to use and manipulate it. Your issues, OP, only confirm my personal opinion that Google should have left it part of Android. Sadly, it cannot be restored to modern versions. It would have likely helped.

22home-607661023.png

God I miss Android 2.2/2.3 so much

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Swiping means to put your fingertip on an icon/shortcut/area and slide it up/down/sideways to acquire a certain response from the phone.
No one knows what that means (At least I don't). How about this, since text is going nowhere, someone should make a video with narration as to what exactly this term means and how it applies. Then do the same with all options in a phone.

I arrived at that conclusion after I found this review (Linked below) on youtube for the supposed model phone I have I mean it looks the same and has the same name, but 99% of what he shows, doesn't exist in my phone. One such thing is the storage space is supposed to be 128GB, and I can say that's totally false.

For obvious reasons I don't put things on my phone because I have no clue how a phone works for doing anything, so it's not overcrowded

I'd like to know how this phone is supposed to have 128GB of storage when any video I take no matter how short (Even 5 seconds) when I go to delete it, it says the storage is full, and it will have to permanently delete? Even if there isn't 128GB of storage, that doesn't explain this, I had an extra 32GB SD which I took to a shop and had them put in due to no instructions on that either) I told them about the storage issue, they assumed it's because I had too much stuff (I didn't bother getting into it with them about that) so even if there wasn't 128gb of storage, there is now at least 32GB because of the SD card. Yet the same low storage message and permanently has to delete it happens. So this phone is clearly broken.

This review is filled with total lies. Despite what the title of the video is, there is no possible way this is the same phone I have. I especially findhilariously bad the part where he is supposedly going over the camera options which don't actually exist.

There is no wide angle lens, no smoothing, no 60 megapixel (Sounds like he said shooter) whatever that means,. What strengthens my point about this video being fake is there is a jump cut at 11:28-11:29 to which he already has a screen opened showing things that simply do not exist. Jump cuts are always indicative, and a clearly edited and fraudulent video. I mean he is literally selecting lenses which is false, you cannot select any of the cameras to use because there aren't 5 cameras on this phones. there is a single camera with supposedly 5 lenses that cannot be individually turned on or off, the phone either takes a picture in the front or the back, there is no controlling which of the 5 things on back takes the picture or video.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This review is filled with total lies. Despite what the title of the video is, there is no possible way this is the same phone I have. I especially findhilariously bad the part where he is supposedly going over the camera options which don't actually exist.

There is no wide angle lens, no smoothing, no 60 megapixel (Sounds like he said shooter) whatever that means,. What strengthens my point about this video being fake is there is a jump cut at 11:28-11:29 to which he already has a screen opened showing things that simply do not exist. Jump cuts are always indicative, and a clearly edited and fraudulent video. I mean he is literally selecting lenses which is false, you cannot select any of the cameras to use because there aren't 5 cameras on this phones. there is a single camera with supposedly 5 lenses that cannot be individually turned on or off, the phone either takes a picture in the front or the back, there is no controlling which of the 5 things on back takes the picture or video.

Sure you haven't got a fake smart-phone yourself? Where did you actually buy your phone? I know that channel, and he often reviews fake and replica smart-phones, amongst other things, like counterfeit sneakers.

I'm no video expert, but to me jump cuts in a video don't necessarily mean anything nefarious. Maybe he had to go and answer the door or something, and rather than shoot the whole video again, he just resumed from the interruption?

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
There's so many Blu variants it's just possible OP isn't using the 128GB model (they often sell them in various sizes since most phones today don't have SD card slots) and maybe they have the same model number across different variants for different carriers and costs? I know the whole mess that Samsung's A-series has become confuses the nuts outta me.

Samsung literally had five variants of the "S20"

S20

S20 FE

S20 FE 5G

S20+

S20 Ultra+

Each having various differences and different numbers of cameras being one, and size and software being another, but all were branded as the 'S20'. Lets not forget also the tons of variants of the SII, including the still hilariously named Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G. As such, it's quite plausible that there are more than a few variants of the Blu V91.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
FFS you people it's very simple I HAVE A BLU v91 128 GB version which was BOUGHT AT BEST BUY BRAND NEW.
Here is a frigging picture I took with this damn phone of the back of the box:

The back of this box is full false advertising

The storage is also totally broken on this phone and anywhere you read the instructions all say fake things which means everyone is lying.

I had put in a 32 GB sd, and the phone sees it, so it's not the phone doesn't recognize it or there is some error IT IS THERE AND IT SHOWS,
There are only 2 SD formatting options, internal Or portable

regardless of which format option you choose, the phone will not use the SD,

Internal storage doesn't even show as an option to move anything to
Portable lets you select it to move things, but will constantly keep redirecting you back to say you have to allow the SD to accept the files, Despite pressing allow the file never gets moved, and if you select move, it gives you the redirect back to the you need to allow message

Either way you cannot use an SD card with an android.

BTW I did call this company multiple times on multiple occasions about multiple problems, now they have basically blocked my number

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Upvote 0
FFS you people it's very simple I HAVE A BLU v91 128 GB version which was BOUGHT AT BEST BUY BRAND NEW.
Here is a frigging picture I took with this damn phone of the back of the box:

The back of this box is full of sh!t

The storage is also totally broken on this phone and anywhere you read the instructions all say fake things which means everyone is lying.

I had put in a 32 GB sd, and the phone sees it, so it's not the phone doesn't recognize it or there is some error IT IS THERE AND IT SHOWS,
There are only 2 SD formatting options, internal Or portable

regardless of which format option you choose, the phone will not use the SD,

Internal storage doesn't even show as an option to move anything to
Portable lets you select it to move things, but will constantly keep redirecting you back to say you have to allow the SD to accept the files, Despite pressing allow the file never gets moved, and if you select move, it gives you the redirect back to the you need to allow message

Your attitude isn't helping! I know you've had bad experiences with your smartphone and with other people giving you a hard time, but you giving us a hard time isn't helping. If you don't want our help, you're free to leave. If you do want our help, talk to us nicely.

Upvote 0
If it makes you that angry why don't you just return it and get something you can use without driving yourself to frustration land?

I remember when Blu started showing up around here ~ 2014, and the display models either had frozen, crashed, or had some sort of error screen unable to boot up, and that wasn't an impression that made me want that brand. Even the one out of the four that worked had terrible screen reflections and was dim.

I avoid brands with first-impressions such as those. Back then they went for as little as $39 for the lowest-tier.

Upvote 0

I've never heard of it. And "BEST BUY" is on the opposite side of the world to me. Plus you did post a video from a YT channel who mainly features knock-off tech products and footwear.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dunno if anything changed since 2014 but back then, BLU was a Best Buy sold 'unlocked' model and took up a good 90% of the 'unlocked' section. Many were dead, broken and the one that did work looked horribly dim and the screen had terribly reflective angles, and performed like crap. They were very basic, boring phones with a mostly stock Android and very little beyond that.

MikeDT, you didn't miss nothin'

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Your attitude isn't helping! I know you've had bad experiences with your smartphone and with other people giving you a hard time, but you giving us a hard time isn't helping. If you don't want our help, you're free to leave. If you do want our help, talk to us nicely.
Then quit making me repeat myself or act like it's some mystery you are clueless and are dumbfounded as to what I'm talking about.

So If I say I have a BLU v91 and it's supposed to have 128 GB of storage (And I did say that more than once), then no one replying should say comments like I wonder if he has the 128 GB version. People who do that are instigating problems for no reason.

So if people don't want me replying that way, then they better not be posting stupid replies causing me to do so. What's with people on forums setting people up to get them to reply accordingly, and then having someone like you come at me with the you have an attitude and I should be nice type of reply? And yes that did happen.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I'm here to get help, not get baited into drama games and then told to behave.

Now that I've explained that, and know the deal and the outcome, I will leave that behind and turn my focus back onto my issues with this.

If it helps, I am more than willing to make a video showing the issues I'm explaining?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So if people don't want me replying that way, then they better not be posting stupid replies causing me to do so.
I'll admit, I haven't read this thread thoroughly. What stood out to me is you saying "frigging", "FFS" (for ****'s sake), and using ALLCAPS. Those are all red flags. The ability to speak on the Internet without, using ALLCAPS (out of anger) and words such as "****", is a litmus test.

So even if you're right, even if you're not the one who's being unreasonable: You're making yourself look unreasonable with your choice of language! My advice: Just don't use that kind of language on the Internet. Because once you do, it doesn't matter how reasonable you've been. You make yourself look like the problem.

Upvote 0
For someone who knows what a jump cut is yet has no concept of a swipe, understands that a internal memory is not 128 gb yet, that a 32 Gb card works, seems to me that there is more goin on than the anger management issues.

FWIW : i run Android and use a 128 Gb card for storing things I do not want on my internal memory and it works quite well, actually.

If you are so unhappy with the phone dump it and get another one.

Nothing will be accomplished here by brow beating the ones attempting to help you.

Upvote 0
You cannot use an SD card on most modern Androids, but many Android phones/tablets accept SD cards. I got one in my S4 Mini and Note II, and various tablets that are well over a decade old at this point. It's faster to transfer my 3K-song music library between phones that way or keep them if the phone gets busted than to rely on a cloud provider that might disippate like a real cloud, keep it on internal and lose or break the phone or use subscription services until I go broke or lose signal.

Upvote 0
I do not believe the issue is you can not use one, the issue seems to be the manufacturer does not want you to :

Why are phones getting rid of SD card?

The reason that smartphone manufacturers are ditching micro SD card slots in their devices, especially at the high end, is money. Manufacturers can't charge a premium for an SD card slot, but they can charge a $100 for a few extra gigabytes of flash storage.

May 8, 2015

When you set up an SD card on your Android device, you can choose between portable storage or internal storage.

When you format an SD card for portable storage:

• You can save files, like photos and videos, on the SD card.
  • You can’t install apps on the SD card.
  • You can transfer the SD card between devices.

When you format an SD card for internal storage:

• You can load files, like photos and videos, on the SD card.
  • You can install apps on the SD card.
  • You can’t transfer the SD card between devices.
  • The SD card can be used in addition to your device's storage.

Upvote 0
I'm going to start taking videos so everyone can see that what people are saying in this thread is either not true, or cannot be done. Case in point
the reply above me.
I have a 32GB sd card in my phone and it's been formatted both ways and it always remains unable to be used. Nothing every goes on there, nothing can be moved or stored there, nor can it be accessed within the phone itself

Regardless of what format option used Portable/Internal (I've done both), connecting the phone to a computer is still the only way to get access to the SD card. I've tried dragging things from my computer into the SD card but that's useless because the SD card cannot be accessed via the phone you have to use a computer

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones