• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone used an atom tablet? (Asus ME371MG)

Sandgoose

Jun 29, 2010
searching through tablets I found the Asus ME371MG which runs android and to my surprise had an atom processor.

My old atom netbook is starting to age it can just about render 'some' 720p but 1080p video no chance and while still usable it has developed several annoying mechanical faults so I have been looking for something to replace it for a while.

the ME371MG is the first affordable x86 tablet I have ever seen I was wondering if anyone knows if it uses standard x86 booting method? would I be able to for example load windows 7 or even setup multiboot? (storage space permitting)

been able to install my own os would add load of functionality for me and make the device very desirable over competitors I also like the idea of not being at the whim of a single company.

any opinions on that tablet in general ?

ok after doing more searching I found the bootloader is just a normal android locked bootloader but I still have to wonder if its possible to get windows or maybe linux onto it with some mods? maybe something like bootcamp or a custom bootloader with sideloader boot support otherwise I see no reason why they would stick an x86 processor in it at all.

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones