1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone using Hero200 on only wifi, without Sprint service?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by momentoid, Feb 7, 2011.

1. momentoid

momentoid Android Enthusiast

It fails to connect to Market. Noticed that under Settings/About phone/Phone identity all fields, except Current username, are set to unknown.

Wondering if anyone else is using Hero200 on only wifi, without Sprint service.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

Others Are And YES it should Work - You may need to Root and put a custom ROM on there....

You could try Going to Market - Wiping Data and then re Launching...it may (hopefully as you for a username and password)

Or do a factory Reset....All of the above should work.

momentoid likes this.
  3. momentoid

momentoid Android Enthusiast

I have downloaded z4Root v1.3.0 from xda-developers site. Hope this version works on 2.1.

I'll try your methods in a few weeks. Thanks.

4. i VTAK

i VTAK Android Expert

I've been using my old Hero this way for a few months now and I think the market problem is new. Maybe I just need to hard reset it and change to a new gmail account.

5. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

let is know if that works....

6. srkmagnus

srkmagnus Well-Known Member

I've been using my Evo like this for a few months now. There shouldn't be a problem with accessing the market on a stock Hero through WiFi. Hard reset and sign in to google -- it should work.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews