• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone using the seidio extended 1750mAh battery?

So what you're saying is I am imagining I have 25-30% more juice at the end of the day with the 1750 than I do with the stock battery? Ruff.......

No, not at all. The battery DOES have more juice than a standard 1300ma stock battery does. What I AM saying is that it doesn't have anywhere close to 1750 (probably around 1400-1500) and that you wasted your money because you can get a true high quality 1500ma TP2 battery from ebay for $15 shipped.

computerpro3,

Might it be possible that BatteryBoss had a bad sample of the 1750 battery? I'm not claiming it is 1750 but I do know I'm getting significantly better battery time than OEM battery. On my Eris it was 20 - 30% more. I have not really been comparing battery time to OEM with Incredible.

I know it is not same technology but AA NiMH batteries can very by as much as 900 mAh (2,000 - 2,900). The batteries are obviously the same size.

I'm not referring to BatteryBoss really - it's just science. Your NiMH example doesn't hold water because those 2000ma units like the Eneloops and Rayovac Hybrids are actually a different construction than standard NiMh rechargables - that's why they only self-discharge at a few % a year compared to 1% per day. Totally different situation. Also, the same ratings game goes on with those batteries to. If you think your Energizer nimh's put out a true 2900ma, you're dreaming. Even my eneloops only put out around 1900-1950 when analyzed on my Maha charger analyzer.

I have voiced an opinion on this link before, and I will do so again.

BatteryBoss is an incompetent experimentalist who has more need for attention than for truth. His claims have a couple of problems:

-Not all batteries were new. And even if they were never used, he does not know how old they are. Lithium batteries decay from the start regardless of whether they are used. This is a huge factor.

First of all, I don't care what BatteryBoss does or doesn't say. My original question still stands - can you explain to me - or find anywhere from a reputable source, how Seido can fit 450ma more into the SAME physical size battery, over an already top quality OEM cell? You can't, it's just science. They are playing funky rating games for marketing purposes - I wouldn't be surprised if the batteries were given their ma rating at 20C or some other unrealistically low number to jack them up.

-He asked his internet friends to send him batteries. Not only are these not new, they have been used. He does not know the conditions under which they were used (temperature, charge/discharge rate). A high discharge rate could cripple a battery. Same with an obnoxiously hight charge rate. He does not know the history, and yet compares them to new batteries with no correction or normalzation.

Hate to be so blunt, but you had no problem with it so here goes - you have no clue regarding battery chemistry. A high discharge rate sure could cripple a Li-ion battery - a discharge rate in the range of 9-10C, that is (many, many, many, many, many times what a phone can pull for those who don't know)! As for the charge rate, the phone controls the charge rate via software so long as it's charged in the phone, so once again your point holds no water whatsoever. That being said, it's still besides the point as I don't care about what batteryboss says.

When it feels like this one man douchebag is constantly shadowing every thread about battery life, yes.

This "one man doucehbag" happens to know a hell of a lot more about battery chemistry than you ever will. But go ahead, keep "cycling" your battery to "refresh it" - those of us in the know need people to laugh at.

To put into perspective what a fool you are, let's look at this:

After discharging the stock battery, I managed to get 6 hours out of it.

After discharging the Seido battery, I am still running it down after unplugging it 22 hours ago.

This isn't based on some random assholes "test". This is based on cold hard facts taken from 3 battery apps keeping track of everything and my own observations.

Anyone who has an axe to grind against Seido is a tool and needs to get a life. No one gives a shit about your crusade against some 3rd party company.

So let's get this straight - with a 1300ma battery, you get 6 hours. With a supposedly 1750ma battery you get 22 hours. So in other words, with an increase of around 30% in capacity, you get a 400% increase battery life?

Yup, surely you're the logical one here ;)

I have no axe to grind against Seido. I'm simply trying to save people money and aggravation. The TP2 battery for $15 shipped has at least as much ma as the 1750 seido does.

But hey, people can either believe you, who posts "cold hard facts" of a 400% battery life increase with 30% battery capacity increase, or me, who has posted links to a wealth of information regarding battery chemistry and construction.

When it comes down to it, it's only your loss if you waste your money. I'll be enjoying my $15 superior battery.

Amen. Thank you for using common sense... not a lot of people have it.

Tell me about it! The thing that blows me away is it's not like I'm arguing that the sky is purple or anything. This is elementary, basic stuff , and all of it can be confirmed with a three second google. I'm floored there's so much information here; that's the one thing I do miss about windows mobile - the technical nature of the hardcore users on the forums.

On another note, I have a 9000ma AA battery to sell you guys - only $10 per cell!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I thought there was some test done that showed the extended slim battery actually performs worse than the stock battery? so you people who are getting these long days out of it, how was the stock battery? I was TRYING to kill my incredible last night and after 3 hours of abuse the battery just wouldn't die... yet on the first charge it lasted maybe an hour...

Yeah, they haven't read that so it hasn't skewed their opinion ;)

I've always had great success with Seidio batteries and will be getting one as soon as I can rule out whether or not the HTC OEM 1500 mAh battery will be enough juice to go bell to bell.

Upvote 0
I bought the seidio 1750 mAh battery for my eris. Once I get my Inc I plan on using the seidio battery. The 1750 is better than the stock 1300, not earth shattering, but enough to get me through a full day with high usage. My stock 1300 couldn't get close to that. I unplug at 5 am. When I get home around 6-7 pm, I still have 50% left in the tank. With the stock 1300 I would be at 20% or lower. Was it worth the extra $$? For me it was.

The 2150 from verizon might be a better option. I read it adds another 1mm in thickness? Don't know for sure....

my only problem with getting a battery that makes you change the back is you just limited your accessories.

Upvote 0
I am a battery scientist lol

This is the only evidence I need to know that my purchase of the 1750 Seido battery was worth every penny.

IMG00009-20100501-2017.jpg

Take your extensive battery testing back to the lab where somebody might give a crap. I prefer real world results.

Upvote 0
This is the only evidence I need to know that my purchase of the 1750 Seido battery was worth every penny.

Take your extensive battery testing back to the lab where somebody might give a crap. I prefer real world results.

Your proof is in your pudding, a delicious pudding of chocolate, vannilla and whipped topping.

1750 sedio here i comes.

Upvote 0

Well it's all relative because we don't know how you use your phone; whether you've been pushing it hard or using it lightly. All of this goes into how much battery life we get and whether we need a larger capacity battery or not.

Upvote 0
Well it's all relative because we don't know how you use your phone; whether you've been pushing it hard or using it lightly. All of this goes into how much battery life we get and whether we need a larger capacity battery or not.

I have no reason to lie as I do not have any stock in whether people purchase a Seido battery or OEM. But I am telling those people who are interested in this category my personal experience and that experience is that the Seido has completely outperformed the stock battery under HEAVIER use than what I put the stock battery through. That's the bottom line.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by mmisterio

Can you give us a basic run down of your day ? How many calls and how long, did you play any games, internet usage, ECT, ECT please

Upvote 0
Can you give us a basic run down of your day ? How many calls and how long, did you play any games, internet usage, ECT, ECT please

After fully discharging and recharging the Seido battery after receiving it, I have watched 3 hours of video, wifi has been on 95% of the time, made 10-12 phone calls, approximately 10 txts, browsed the internet a ton, installed well over 30 apps, bluetooth on for 2 hours connected to my Moto S9-HDs and I am still on this same charge.

Upvote 0
After fully discharging and recharging the Seido battery after receiving it, I have watched 3 hours of video, wifi has been on 95% of the time, made 10-12 phone calls, approximately 10 txts, browsed the internet a ton, installed well over 30 apps, bluetooth on for 2 hours connected to my Moto S9-HDs and I am still on this same charge.

I have one on order since Friday, because my battery is absolutely appalling. What is your screen brightness setting? Automatic or Manual? If manual, what number? Thanks.

Upvote 0
My original question still stands - can you explain to me - or find anywhere from a reputable source, how Seido can fit 450ma more into the SAME physical size battery, over an already top quality OEM cell?

No I can't. However I can offer a reasonable explanation that doesn't have to involve science (well not directly anyhow).

Could it just be simply that using a higher density cell would increase both weight and price and that with the 1300ma battery HTC/Verizon reached the performance point they desired?

The weight of testimony in evidence (albiet anecdotal) of a truly increased energy density seems broadly in support of manufacturers claims and the only evidence presented that is contrary to this was performed in a clearly uncontrolled manner.

For myself this has been enough for me to put my money where my mouth is, however as with everything on the internet YMMV.

Upvote 0

are you serious..

If you are than you are getting awesome life from that 1750..

thx

Upvote 0

DAME sounds good !!! :D Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones