• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone w/ Incredible on Network Extender Missing Calls?

phorts

Feb 6, 2010
Background:

Poor Service inside home w/ my BBerry Curve 8330 pushed me to get a Verizon Network Extender. It DRAMATICALLY improved coverage and never dropped a call after it (except when leaving/coming into range of Network Extender (NE)

Now i've got the Droid Inc and have been noticing an unsettling trend:

When connected to the NE, i have missed at least 2 calls (that i know of only because they left vmails) in the last 2 days since having the phone. No entry in the call history.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

As far as the NE itself goes, i wouldnt be able to do business or make calls from my home/home office without it. I dropped calls from my BBerry so much that i almost left Verizon because of it. The NE changed everything.

It was a little bit of a pain to set up but after it's connected it just works. It does NOT improve data service (3G) but with WiFi it doesnt matter.

Worth every Penny. I just hope this isnt a problem specific to the Incredible or Android.

Thanks for any Feedback.

I use the Network Extender. It really has a pretty short range. Fixed all coverage issues in my house with my family's phones. Now my new INC connects with the NE but drops calls when I'm at the fringe of it's coverage in my house.

(phorts is correct; the NE only works for voice service, not data).

My reception everywhere is worse with the INC. Many dropped calls. It's a fantastic device but unfortunately it's going back. Phone reception performance is just not there for us that don't live in the areas with saturation coverage.

Upvote 0
Background:

Poor Service inside home w/ my BBerry Curve 8330 pushed me to get a Verizon Network Extender. It DRAMATICALLY improved coverage and never dropped a call after it (except when leaving/coming into range of Network Extender (NE)

Now i've got the Droid Inc and have been noticing an unsettling trend:

When connected to the NE, i have missed at least 2 calls (that i know of only because they left vmails) in the last 2 days since having the phone. No entry in the call history.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

As far as the NE itself goes, i wouldnt be able to do business or make calls from my home/home office without it. I dropped calls from my BBerry so much that i almost left Verizon because of it. The NE changed everything.

It was a little bit of a pain to set up but after it's connected it just works. It does NOT improve data service (3G) but with WiFi it doesnt matter.

Worth every Penny. I just hope this isnt a problem specific to the Incredible or Android.

Thanks for any Feedback.
I would recommend geting this Amazon.com: Wireless Extenders YX-510 zBoost Dual-Band Cell Phone Signal Booster up to 2,500 Square Feet of Coverage for Home or Office (800 MHz and 1900 MHz Phones): Cell Phones & Service

I have both this and the network extender and the zboost is head over heels better at least for me its a little pricey but worth every penny for me i would have even paid more that particular model helps 3G and 1X if you only need voice there is a cheaper model just for that

Upvote 0
The network extender only serves about 5500 sq. ft. which is about a 40' radius. It seems to have made a big difference on my wife's LG but not as much with my INC
unless I get close to it. There is also a bug where it has no effect on the phone signal bars, however, you can see the difference if you check the signal strength, menu>about phone>network>signal strength. You can walk around and see where you are getting a stronger signal. Walls can make a big difference.

Upvote 0
I am having an issue as well. I seem to have good call quality with minimal dropped calls while away from home, but when at home on the network extended people say I am breaking up. I know it is working because my dbm is -40 to -50 and I hear the beep when I initiate the call. Meanwhile I can hear them fine. I have done *228 a bunch of times and it hasn't made a difference. This is frustrating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones