• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone with these Messaging oddities?

floepie

Jul 19, 2010
Occasionally, if I allow a conversion (or thread) to lengthen for a while without deleting, messages from some threads somehow or other creep into or suddenly appear in threads they shouldn't be in. Last night, someone sent 2 texts that should have been appended to the conversion, but for some reason they were added to entirely different thread. Looks like the database corrupts easily.

I haven't had it happen to me yet, but when I send group messages, I always get a new thread for each person that replies. I mean it'd be nice to have them all threaded to the original conversation.

Just curious if they are sending from the same message source? Maybe the phone is if sending from the same source, interpreting it as a different account if you have the same person under linked accounts? Just food for thought here.

Upvote 0
Ok so I am not loosing my mind!

I get that if i forward a msg to a group of people.... suddenly i will see people in the sent box with content not meant for them...and it looks like it sent them the pics!

but in talking to them they didnt get the wrong pics after all....

very annoying

another bug along the same lines...if you get a msg delivery report while you are in the middle of a text [typing] it jumps you out to the send/contacts box! so suddenly ur going blah blah in the list of names....

argh!

:thinking:

Upvote 0
Well, I don't do anything fancy, such as forwards, etc. I simply have a few one-on-one threads, and suddenly, once in a while, I will get the following:

Person A: blah blah
me: blah blah
Person B: blah blah <----------- Huh? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones