• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alpha2k

Android Expert
Nov 19, 2009
I in NO way want to push anyone away from useing this rom or any other rom, I just want to let people know and be informative is all, because this issue is a big let down for me.

Phone: S2 epic 4g touch
Issue: GPS after installing gapps package gets broken. It has 2 affects to it.
1: GPS locks on says you are locked (no blinking gps light) yet you are not there but you are 10-20 miles from that spot
2: gps takes forever to lock on, IF it locks at all

I have confirmed on 2 roms, this happens the exact same results every time and I can replicate it each and every time with both cm10 (unofficial) nightly build, and AOKP milestone1 build. Both give the same results. I havn't tested other roms, but 2 for 2 is pretty solid proof for me.

So there it is, at least you can now make a choice if you want gps and/or the rom(s) or not.

I tried those fixes and it didn't seem to work.
I'm kinda under the assumption this rom is the issue, and not gapps.

I haven't seen anything on the official AOKP forums about this, but you may want to post over there just the same. If more speak up about it, the developers will look into it. Be sure to post what phone and mobile carrier you use also as the more info you add, the easier they can help. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones