• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

APN for LG Xpression

I really need help :( I've went thru every forum I can find and I still can't find the APN settings for my phone. I have the $35 unlimited talk/text plan thru Net10. I have an awesome phone for me. LG Xpression. But of course, like so many others, I can't send or receive picture messages. When someone does send me a picture message, I receive a text with a link that I then have to forward to my email, go to my computer, log into my email, then click the link to the image. Its a real pain. Plus not being able to send pictures sucks. But I can't figure out the settings or even where to enter them. Here's what I can find though:

Menu, Connection, Access Points, New Profile: (these are the entries that can be made)
Access Point Name:
Authentication:
APN:
That's it.. Nothing else can be entered there.

Then for the Internet Profiles (I don't know if they matter because I can't use Internet with my plan anyway. But my Unlimited Talk/Text is supposed to include picture messages)

Menu, Connection, Internet Profiles, New Profile: (there are the entries that can be made)
Profile Name:
Use Proxy: On/Off
Proxy Address:
Proxy Port Number:
Access Point: (this gives you the option to choose your access point from the previous setting)

Can anyone help me? :(

I really need help :( I've went thru every forum I can find and I still can't find the APN settings for my phone. I have the $35 unlimited talk/text plan thru Net10. I have an awesome phone for me. LG Xpression. But of course, like so many others, I can't send or receive picture messages. When someone does send me a picture message, I receive a text with a link that I then have to forward to my email, go to my computer, log into my email, then click the link to the image. Its a real pain. Plus not being able to send pictures sucks. But I can't figure out the settings or even where to enter them. Here's what I can find though:

Menu, Connection, Access Points, New Profile: (these are the entries that can be made)
Access Point Name:
Authentication:
APN:
That's it.. Nothing else can be entered there.

Then for the Internet Profiles (I don't know if they matter because I can't use Internet with my plan anyway. But my Unlimited Talk/Text is supposed to include picture messages)

Menu, Connection, Internet Profiles, New Profile: (there are the entries that can be made)
Profile Name:
Use Proxy: On/Off
Proxy Address:
Proxy Port Number:
Access Point: (this gives you the option to choose your access point from the previous setting)

Can anyone help me? :(

I signed up just to agree with you. I bought an Xpression 2 (LGC410) and you're exactly right. There IS NO WAY to set this phone up to run on Straight Talk's network. I've done everything I know to figure this out. I was thinking that there's something about our phones firmware that doesn't include these setting's, but I haven't found anything to substantiate that.
Nice phone but what good is it if it doesn't work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones