• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

APN profile won't stay put, defaults to profile with no settings

relztrah

Jun 21, 2013
I looked at the US Mobile website for APN settings for my Moto E 2nd generation and created a profile names US Mobile. I selected it and rebooted. But for some reason my phone will not keep that profile. My phone defaults to that first profile when I power up.

apn1.png

Now here's the crazy thing. That first profile, T-Mobile US 260 LTE has no settings. They are all greyed out. I can't even edit them to put in the US Mobile settings.

apn2.png

If I long press on it I get the same thing. When I tap the 3 dots I am only given the option to restore default settings.

apn3.png

I've tried a factory restore, etc., and this continues to happen. I think not being able to use the US Mobile APN settings is the reason I can't send and receive text messages using Google Voice except when connected to wifi. I get an error message as follows:

tests failed.png

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones