• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App killers??

Hi Experts, I'm new to Android. MOTO RAZR is my first... i've been reading about app / task killers and wanted to know what you guys think? im looking to increase my battery life (i already have Juice Defender, mostly to manage my data connection). is the stock "task manager" good enough? if so what are some apps that i should set to the "auto-end list"?

if you need more info, let me know.
thanks in advance!!

It is a matter of what you prefer and opinions vary on this. I do not use an other task killers, the stock works fine. As far as battery, the smart phone really do use a lot of battery. You can turn the brightness down on the screen, limit 4G usage and use stuff like Juice Defender.

I have used advanced task killer in the past and it worked fine. (I dont think you need a task killer)

I take just the opposite approach. I crank up the brightness to 100% (heck it is a nice display and I want to see it), run 4G whenever possible and dont use any battery helpers. With that said, I have a charger at home, work and in the car. I also have an Anker portable charger if needed. (kind of like having a really fast sports car and only driving the speed limit!) I deal with the battery and keep chargers around. I have had several phones and most are battery hogs.

When the new quad core phones come out, battery life may get a boost.

Good luck and somewhere in between usually works for most folks.

Reactions: Matt8296
Upvote 0
what about using "SystemPanel App / Task Manager" or "Watchdog"? any thoughts...

I have not used watch dog. The only real add on that I run is Avast Mobile Security. It is free and has some nice features and scored very well when compared to what is out there. There are some folks that feel that the mobile security is a waste of time (like the task killer).

I like having it and also like the ability lock, text or locate my phone if stolen or lost, which Avast allows you to do. Probably misplaced piece of mind on my part. :cool:

Upvote 0
I have not used watch dog. The only real add on that I run is Avast Mobile Security. It is free and has some nice features and scored very well when compared to what is out there. There are some folks that feel that the mobile security is a waste of time (like the task killer).

I like having it and also like the ability lock, text or locate my phone if stolen or lost, which Avast allows you to do. Probably misplaced piece of mind on my part. :cool:

I have Dr.Web light... it hasn't found anything yet, so like you said probably a wast...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones