• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App notifications access and enabled services reset every time I reboot device

Fimu

Mar 9, 2014
Every time when I reboot my device, I have to re-enable Notification Access (Settings -> My Device -> Sounds and Notifications) and Services (Settings -> My Device -> Accessibility) of third-party apps such as Twilight and Genius.

How to keep those app permissions enabled without root? Does it matter whether I enable GlanceViewMk or not?

My device is Galaxy S4 running on Android 5.0.1.

its not Samsung account. I think there is also same setting available.
now a day two accounts are available for our device. Samsung and Google and other account for different use like Facebook what's app and so on ..
I'm talking about Google account.
ones you set anything to your device like setting preferences and other this setting is always stay with your Google account up to you change it.
so whether you reboot your device or format your phone once you add your account this setting will apply automatically. So if you not formatted your phone only reboot your phone then this setting will never change.
Maybe this setting is present in Samsung account also it's need to find.
if you have Google account in your device then nothing will change setting I hope if there is no Google account then add it and use it.

Upvote 0
its not Samsung account. I think there is also same setting available.
now a day two accounts are available for our device. Samsung and Google and other account for different use like Facebook what's app and so on ..
I'm talking about Google account.
ones you set anything to your device like setting preferences and other this setting is always stay with your Google account up to you change it.
so whether you reboot your device or format your phone once you add your account this setting will apply automatically. So if you not formatted your phone only reboot your phone then this setting will never change.
Maybe this setting is present in Samsung account also it's need to find.
if you have Google account in your device then nothing will change setting I hope if there is no Google account then add it and use it.
I have both Google accounts and a Samsung account. Automatic sync and backup are both enabled, so I don't think enabling or disabling backup make a difference in remembering notification access of third-party apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones