• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I disabled all alerts on my Sony Xperia 5 III XQ-BQ62_61.0.A.15.45 Andoid 11 Root

adb reboot disemmcwp < Not sure if this helped, did it anyways.
or
Temux
su
reboot disemmcwp

I adb disabled the two and then even uninstalled them :/.

Code:
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.google.android.cellbroadcastservice

or

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.cellbroadcastservice

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver

If you run into problems, re-enable is

Code:
adb shell pm enable --user 0 PACKAGE-NAME

If you run into problems reinstall is

Code:
If uninstalled
adb -d shell
pm install-existing PACKAGE-NAME

I went through high and hell to get Emergency Alerts Android system app disabled, found that Neo Backup app I use [Open-Source] [Root] can REALLY disable stubborn apps, because adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver and/or adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver said it got disabled and/or Not-Installed <[Cuz I ran it already], while the system app I can clearly go into wireless emergency alerts [com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver] under android-settings/sound & notifications, I am like mk, if its disabled/uninstalled through adb while am I able to see it in the UI settings of android and be able enter Wireless Alerts settings.

Neo Backup [ROOT] has an option to disable apps, I tried it and bam wireless emergency alerts "Poof", really disabled. Wireless Emergency Alert is no longer in my android system settings, I disabled all the alerts prior but got hit with Presidential, which led me into this rabbit hole that needed conquered.

Remeber, not sure if
Code:
adb reboot disemmcwp < Not sure if this helped, did it anyways.
or
Temux
su
reboot disemmcwp
helped for neo backup to be actually disable it.

Havent been here since 2015 [Root] sammy s5 my first post lol

Reactions: ocnbrze
With root, I came across a great app called appmanager [Open Source] @ fdroid App Manager - Android package manager | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository that allows you to disable/uninstall/reinstall system apps.

Brilliant software, I was able to uninstall Wireless Emergency Alerts with this app, also if after a fresh AOS install and root, this app will cut down so much time from using ADB on the computer, install appmanager and grant root, disable/uninstall/reinstall any system app. rather copy paste adb disable/uninstall cmds.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones